Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Does anyone know what state they film in? Some states have some requirements for earnings.

Georgia.

What does Trent do for a living?  He has some sort of a work uniform on when he came home.

I think Amber has a full time teaching job.

The parents aren't lazy and I can understand teaching a strong work ethic, especially in this day and age, but they are pushing their kids out hard and fast.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919  Jim Bob told the kids the show was a ministry project. They didn't know he was getting paid. He's worth millions and has been into real estate for years so he does help his kids out with homes, some aren't that great, and probably helps out with other things but they were never paid for show appearances.

I am kind of shocked that TLC did not mandate the kids have their own accounts in trust who watches out for these kids?  I remember Paul Peterson from the "Donna Reed show" started an agency to make sure child actors were able to have their money upon reaching 18 I believe.  He started this because so many child actors worked all their childhood years to reach adulthood and have nothing because parents spent all of it. I believe it was called "A minor consideration"  or something like that.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919  Jim Bob told the kids the show was a ministry project. They didn't know he was getting paid. He's worth millions and has been into real estate for years so he does help his kids out with homes, some aren't that great, and probably helps out with other things but they were never paid for show appearances.

I am kind of shocked that TLC did not mandate the kids have their own accounts in trust who watches out for these kids?  I remember Paul Peterson from the "Donna Reed show" started an agency to make sure child actors were able to have their money upon reaching 18 I believe.  He started this because so many child actors worked all their childhood years to reach adulthood and have nothing because parents spent all of it. I believe it was called "A minor consideration"  or something like that.  

@sunshine 919  I think Reality shows may be different. I remember questions being asked for Jon and Kate.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919  I think Reality shows may be different. I remember questions being asked for Jon and Kate.

I looked it up and found out that reality show kids have no safety net, so it's not like being in a regular movie or tv show.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Paul Petersen has done a lot for the child actor community over the decades.   I commend him highly for his work in this area.   

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I looked it up and found out that reality show kids have no safety net, so it's not like being in a regular movie or tv show.

@colliemom4  Yes, there are no contracts, agents,etc. reality shows can stop on a dime,and anyone in them can leave when they see fit. They are totally different. Look at the Housewives shows. They quit and return as they please.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Paul Petersen has done a lot for the child actor community over the decades.   I commend him highly for his work in this area.   

Yes, very impressive all the  work he has done for the kids.    I use to see him on TV all the time, always advocating for the kids.  TLC does not seem to take care of their people.  Some of the people on their shows are very questionable  

Honored Contributor

Based on what I've seen, I don't think the women in the housewives shows can come and go as THEY wish.

There has been several times when the group in California was kicked off of the shows and those who were knocked off voiced they were very unhappy about it (getting kicked off).

I remember researching who the people on TLC receive for their shows.  The answer was "it varied"; but none of them are getting paid a lot of money.

Honored Contributor

What a disappointment last night..as i hope they would have had Amber's test results from mole on her back that was taken off!

Oh no..it was about Amber and Trent  and Jonah's girlfriens parents  wanting to push the kids out of the house again.

Amber thinking she knew everything to help younger daughter with gymnastics..and failed!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam  Amber is becoming worse as time passes. She's going to make her kids permanently dislike her. There is give and take but not with her. I can't stand her disposition in general anymore either.

I thought it was weird when they told Jonah they didn't want him working him at a job without a guaranteed income but quickly changed their minds about it. They can't wait to get rid of him or so it seems.