Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@colliemom4 

Maybe they can't figure out what next stories to write about  them..they have already booted one daughter of house  and 2 more kids soon.?

If they want more money?...    or   ??

good reason not to renew contracts.

@cowboy sam   The two older kids aren't being booted out, they want to begin their lives, as all young people do, on their own.   I think the parents are encouraging them to do what they want to do so the kids gain some independence, they still have three kids at home for a while.

Absolutely agree with you, @mousiegirl.😊

I would add that I think because of their awareness of the special needs for their children to navigate the "average size" world, they do what their parents did for them in the way of leaning toward allowing them to learn to cope with difficulties now (while Amber and Trent are still there as a safety net).   

I saw Amy Roloff's parents doing the same thing, by the way.

I think it might be easy to forget (or maybe some viewers haven't seen all of the shows over the years) what went into Amber and Trent's journey to find and adopt 3 of their children to provide a good life that wouldn't have been available otherwise.   

I believe it was when they were talking about Emma, they said in the birth country little people weren't allowed to go to school.   

Their lives would've been very, very different in many ways.

At any rate, Amber and Trent were keenly aware that dwarf children in some other countries would be excluded from so many things, their health and their lives might've even been in peril, they knew their own experience could be of benefit, and they made it happen. 

It was a costly and difficult venture, and they and their families aren't wealthy, so there were sacrifices, financial and otherwise.   

The parents are not openly emotional, so that makes it hard to "warm up to them."  I understand that. 

But the old videos of some of the adoptions, and in the NICU when Jonah's life was in jeopardy, are evidence of their tender hearts.   

Also, they kept all of the clothes, toys, and other memory treasures from each adoption, bring them out for the kids to see now and then, and will pass them along to them as an important part of their past.   That comes from the heart, I feel.

I also notice that Amber and Trent, when talking about the adoptions, talk about the time when Alex, Emma, Anna "came home."   

Not when they were adopted... when they came home. 

That's a sensitive, sentimental phrase and, I think, speaks to their true heart and spirit.

@dooBdoo   Beautifully said.  I have always seen a loving family with Amber and Trent, and don't understand the negative comments about them.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I understand what you're saying and know you have rationalized your thoughts with true life occurrences.   

In my BC days (before children), I worked for the Housing Director at a local college.   The newer dorms had 2 bedroom suites with a shared entry.   The entry door off the main hallway had double locks, as did the doors to each bedroom.   The suites were absolutely secure when both locks were used.   

EVERY single case of theft or intrusion that came across my boss's desk was ALWAYS due to the student not using both locks on their bedroom door, or the suite door.   Most of the time the students didn't bother to lock up, period.   No one ever "broke in" thru a locked fire proof door.  

Every student living on campus was required to attend a safety meeting.  It was repeatedly drilled into the students heads by college staff that safety started with them, and that's how I still think of it.  

Safety at VA Tech is a major issue anyway due to it being such a sprawling campus with many educational buildings as well as residential living options.   NO female student on that campus should ever let their guard down when it comes to safety measures!