Honored Contributor

7/30/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And Brent has left the building! The HOH comp battle to replace Xavier seemingly took place in slow motion as much of the house clearly didn't want to win and Kaitlined the surfboard puzzle. (Kaitlin had a small six-piece (I think) puzzle of herself that she had three minutes to solve to stay in the game in BB20 and somehow managed to not be able to solve it. She became the poster child for bad puzzle solvers.) Suffice to say much of the house made Kaitlin look like a puzzle-solving genius in their efforts to throw the comp last night.

The Kings ended up winning with Christian putting the last piece in place, thus making him the HOH for the week. I'm not sure he wanted to win but Sarah Beth had inadvertently solved the middle of the puzzle so with just two pieces left it was kind of hard for Christian to throw it. Christian and Alyssa have now moved into Love Island, er,...the HOH room and set up shop talking game to all comers.

The early indications are that Whitney and Hannah will be the nominees assuming Whitney doesn't win the Wild Card comp later today. Christian and Alyssa would prefer Hannah go, but the Cookout plans to save Hannah. Xavier has interrupted the nonstop canoodling taking place on Love Island, er...the HOH room to try and convince Christian that Hannah is a good person to keep.

Xavier's efforts to save Hannah could get Alyssa's attention. She knows that from outward appearances Whitney is closer to Xavier than Hannah. They cuddle frequently and appear to be quite close while Hannah is more isolated. Alyssa may wonder why Xavier is so intent on saving someone he apparently has little connection to instead of someone he's apparently closer to. This could lead her to conclude there's something going on beneath the surface that she's unaware of. (As a rule in BB, if someone comes to you and tries to save another player, they have an alliance with that player and they value it a lot.) 

Xavier could wear a t-shirt with Hannah's picture on it and a diagram showing his Cookout alliance and Christian wouldn't notice, but Alyssa is a bit savvier. The more the Cookout members try to keep Hannah off the block the more it should convince Alyssa that something's going on. A concerted effort by Xavier, Kyland, Tiffany, Azah, and Derek F to save Hannah will pretty much reveal the Cookout. 

Whitney has a legitimate shot at winning the Wild Card comp today. The other competitors are Claire and either Azah or Derek F. Claire hasn't really tried to win much and doesn't need to win the Wild Card as she knows her team is safe this week. If Claire rolls over and plays dead in the comp, then all Whitney would have to do is beat whichever of the couch potatoes (Azah and Derek F) she's competing against. They both think they're safe and winning a comp would require moving, so odds are she could beat them. Winning the Wild Card could save Whitney from the block and cause some issues for Christian. Therefore, I'm onboard team Whitney for the Wild Card. Go Whitney!

We'll see what happens later today as the Wild Card comp takes place then the nominations tonight. Whitney winning safety for her whole team would be neat. The Wild Card comes with a prize or punishment and we've mostly seen prizes so far, so expect Grodner to throw in a punishment to persuade Whitney not to use the Wild Card to make life easier for her latest boy-toy in Christian. Ideally, the Wild Card would make the whole team safe this week, but knowing how the game gets played, this week it'll come with some sort of a punishment to discourage it from being used. Boo! 

I'll report back later when we know the Wild Card results and then the nominations.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 7/30/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I love the three most exciting days in BBLand--Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Thursday with the eviction and hoh competition, Friday with the one on ones and Wildcard comp, Saturday with the pov comp. Mondays are good too with the pov ceremony. I don't know if other people feel the same but those are the things I look forward to the most. 

Oh, and the exit interviews are on Friday too. I haven't watched Brent's yet. I felt like he made little sense when talking to Julie. Every question had almost the same answer and the answer wasn't really coherent. He had things cooking in his mental? What? Poor guy, maybe he was just overwhelmed by it all. 

So was the official count to evict actually 11-0 or 10-0? Was Big D's vote deemed invalid due to him not being able to say the word evict? 

"I sadly to evote Brent." Which, is slightly worse than last week's "I sadly to evict Britni."

Can someone please tell this guy how to vote correctly?

At least he's always jolly when addressing Julie so maybe that's what really matters. 

I feel like I'm starting to ramble so before my own words become incoherent I think I'll go do something productive. Or maybe I'll start that new series I've been looking forward to watching. Oh, I still have the exit interviews to watch. Yep...definitely rambling.Smiley Very Happy

So on that note--Have a great day everyone! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just hope they never make Derek F a host where he has real lines he has to speak. If he has trouble with "I vote to evict Brent" can you imagine him leading a nomination or POV ceremony?

The feeds have been down for about 2.5 hours for the Wild Card comp which seems a bit longish. We should know something fairly soon.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, Julie said something about the Wild Card winner being safe, but putting others in jeopardy. What others? The other Kings? They're the only people safe this week, but Christian is very unlikely to nominate Alyssa, Sarah Beth, or Xavier.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The feeds are back! Claire and Kyland are talking and seem confused about the Wild Card power. It sounds like Claire won but why would she be confused about the power with it? Does the power not apply this week?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Kings and Queens are meeting and Sarah Beth is pushing hard for Hannah to be the target while Xavier, Tiffany, and Kyland are defending Hannah. Claire and Sarah Beth are likely to start putting the pieces together. Sarah Beth is making a good case. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Tiffany is pushing for Britini to go up and possibly out. Tiffany says Britini wants to put up Xavier, Christian, or Alyssa. That's refocusing things a bit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Refocus things, Tiffany, refocus! If it would help I'd send her a pair of Mr Magoo glasses to put on Christian so he wouldn't be able to see a thing other than what Tiffany tells him. Trouble is, she would need a pair for Alyssa and Sarah Beth as well. 

And why would I do that? Because I like Hannah so much more than Alyssa, Sarah Beth, and Britni. Not that Alyssa or SB are in any danger at all and Alyssa has so much influence over Christian. Smiley Sad

My fantasy is that Christian hits his head (ooh, that hits a little too close to home) and nominates Sarah Beth and Britni and in a BB twist they both go home on Thursday. Heck, if it's a fantasy, they can take Alyssa with them. Smiley Very Happy

Back to reality, I will console myself with knowing Claire is safe (is she?) and that Hannah or Derek X win veto. Make that Derek X wins veto so he can't be a replacement nom. Okay, not exactly reality but, please, just let me live in my fantasy world for a minute or two. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Sarah Beth made the point that four guys in the alliance were pushing hard to keep Hannah and that has her nervous. Hannah is pretty safe, but whoever's opposite her is likely a goner. Hannah should get votes from Xavier, Kyland, Tiffany, Azah, and Derek F. (Assuming Derek F figures out how to vote.) Five votes is enough for a tie and they could probably get another vote to save her in Derek X who likes Hannah a lot. Getting rid of Hannah would require either putting one of her voters opposite her, or swaying their opinion.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Tiffany is pushing for Britini to go up and possibly out. Tiffany says Britini wants to put up Xavier, Christian, or Alyssa. That's refocusing things a bit.

Okay, back to the real world if only for a second. If Tiffany is telling this information to Christian she may need to watch her own back. Oddly enough Christian and Britni are possibly talking a F2 deal. Not that I would expect Christian is serious (or maybe he is?) but Britni has a bit of a crush on him and I'm pretty sure he's aware.

I'm not sure if they've actually made any deals so it will be interesting to see if he nominates her. 

So now that I've said all that I feel like I've heard Britni telling other hgs like Derek X and Kyland that if she was hoh she wouldn't nominate X or Kyland. I think she may have said she would nominate Christian and Alyssa. Also, it's possible I'm hallucinating. But I'm almost certain I heard that somewhere along the way.