Honored Contributor

7/08/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And we're back for another year! For those who didn't see the term "Spoiler" in the title of the thread (there will be a new thread each day,) we discuss what's going on in the Big Brother 23 house as it happens on the live feeds. That means that we're talking about stuff, often days before it airs on the show. In a "normal" week on BB the HOH and eviction are on Thursday, the Wildcard competition (or its equivalent) and the nominations take place on Friday, the POV comp on Saturday, and the POV ceremony on Monday. The TV show schedule has the eviction and HOH on Thursday, but then you have to wait until Sunday for the Wildcard comp and the nominees, then it's not until Wednesday that you see the POV comp and ceremony. So on Saturdays, you'll learn who won POV on this thread, but you won't see it on TV until Wednesday. If you're the type who doesn't like things spoiled, then this is not the thread for you.

With that out of the way, we've got our teams! As you should know by now Frenchie is our first HOH of the season. His team also has Azah, Derek F, and Britini. They are the Jokers. The Aces have Brent, Derek X, Whitney, and Hannah. The Kings are Christian, Xavier, Alyssa, and Sarah Beth. The Queens are Claire, Tiffany, Kyland, and Travis. Not that any of the teams really seem to matter too much as alliances are forming around the teams more than within the teams.

The young guys seem to be grouping up with Derek X more or less seeming to take the lead there. (He may be making himself a big target early on in the season by trying to guide Frenchie.) It's hard to say there are solid alliances right now, but Frenchie (our HOH) seems pretty solid with Derek F (Joe Frasier's son) and all of the women. He's told several of the women that he's not putting up a woman this week as his nominee. I started watching the feeds at 5:15 AM ET and pretty much all of the women have been with Frenchie and many of them talking strategy with him and discussing the game.

Frenchie wants the young, strong guys out of the way as early as possible and Claire and Alyssa have a similar strategy, so there is some early cohesion on who the targets could be. Frenchie won't know who he can nominate until after the Wildcard Competition that will take place today or tomorrow. In a "normal" week the Wildcard Comp will take place on Fridays, but this is not a normal week, so they could move it up a day.

What's the Wildcard Comp? The three teams that aren't safe each nominate one person from their teams to compete against the other two teams so that person, and that person alone, has immunity. Whoever wins immunity then has to choose whether to accept it or not, as accepting the immunity carries with it a punishment that could affect him, his team, or the whole house. The punishment aspect of winning the Wildcard makes it unlikely for the Wildcard winner to accept the immunity. Why alienate others in the house for a week if you're confident you won't be a nominee? Picking a Wildcard player could prove interesting. All four houseguests will likely want to play. Will they draw straws? Play rock, paper, scissors? We'll have to see.

After the Wildcard comp, and typically on a Friday night, the HOH, Frenchie in this case, will then make his nominations. I would expect Derek X, Brent, Christian, Travis, and Kyland to be the targets. (A quick update while I type this, Brent is his target. Brent and Whitney are in the early stages of a showmance and Frenchie wants to end that quickly.) Frenchie has had a more casual conversation with Xavier and seems okay with him. Frenchie has talked of backdooring someone already also, so the nominees may not be his actual target.

In the very little I've seen so far, I'm pretty impressed by the women cast this year. They seem smart, focused, know the game, and want to win. The houseguests are still struggling with who's who, as is not uncommon when you're suddenly surrounded by fifteen strangers. One of the girls thought Hannah was Anna but has now figured that out. 

It's going to be a bit challenging telling Claire from Whitney on the feeds at a casual glance as both have nearly identical hair as of this morning. (Very possibly why Claire was an alternate instead of an original player.) After Whitney's shower, she now has long, straight blond hair nearly identical to Claire's. 

Expect things to stay pretty quiet in the house until this afternoon as everyone is just now settling down to try and go to sleep.

We have Have Nots. The Kings were the last place team so they're the Have Nots in Christian, Alyssa, Sarah Beth, and Xavier. (Though not team captain Christian's fault. He solved their puzzle first and could have been the HOH, but his three teammates let the puzzle collapse twice, seemingly throwing the first HOH comp.) The Have Not room is decorated like a boat garage this year with a Jetski and the beds are on boat trailers that tilt forward or back depending on where someone is in the bed. Slide up on the bed and the head of the bed tilts down. Shift your weight a bit toward the bottom of the bed and it tilts the other way. They say the beds are comfortable though and it may be the most comfortable Have Not room they've seen. I don't think Alyssa and Sarah Beth mind being Have Nots too much as they're both fans of the show and probably would want that experience at some point.

The houseguests are all hoping the backyard will be open today. (Nope!) They have the Wildcard comp either today or tomorrow and the POV comp on Saturday still before they get the backyard. If they're lucky, they'll get it on Sunday, if they're not lucky, it'll be Monday. They will be going stir crazy by then, so they'll need the backyard to spread out a bit and decompress. The house gets pretty crowded with sixteen houseguests all crammed inside.

The Diary Room cleverly kept Britini's DR session for last. Once they get Britini talking, getting her to stop is nearly impossible, so they got everyone else done first. 

I don't expect to see anyone up and moving much before noon at the earliest and probably later unless BB wakes them up. And the music they play when they kill the feeds this year ("Turn it up") is really, really tiresome already. I'm hoping they get enough feedback on how annoying that is to go back to something else.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: 7/08/2021 Big Brother 23 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I forgot to mention it earlier, but the prize money this year is up to $750,000. That got everyone's attention a wee bit. It may motivate some to play harder to win this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

They got everyone up early today. I turned on the feeds at noon and everyone was already up and milling about. Some were still awake at nine, so it'll be a pretty groggy group as the day goes on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

These houseguests are fun to watch. They're talking about past seasons and having a lot of fun talking about past houseguests. I'm not sure they didn't cast the season from Jokers Updates. This is the kind of conversation you'd expect from the users of Jokers. They are really fans of the series.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman, do you think this may be the season were there is an actual strong, savvy female alliance? 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@gardenman, do you think this may be the season were there is an actual strong, savvy female alliance? 

Could be. The only recent effective female alliance was the Ball Smashers in BBOTT. They sort of fell into that. Scott was a Ball Smasher for a while too. The potential is there.

Frenchie is making alliances with everyone (Azah, Sarah Beth, Claire, Tiffany, Derek F, Kyland, Xavier, Britini, Whitney, Hannah, Alyssa, and God only knows who else.) He calls his closest allies the Butchers and the rest the Slaughter house. He's seriously overplaying right now. He's got a bad case of HOH-itis and thinks his side will win every comp and cruise to the end. It's a common malady among HOHs. He'll learn the truth in the near future.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hate to read that Frenchie is spreading himself so thin. His reality will set in when he's nominated in week 3.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, another case of HOHitis.  Frenchie is overplaying and over talking and soon I suspect will be a target.  Tyler was pretty successful at it but he was a laid back player.  Don't have a favorite yet.  I like Tiffany and Claire so far but who knows.  I would like to see a woman win it this year though.  

Honored Contributor

Brent's giving Frenchie the sob story of his father committing suicide and he's got Frenchie rethinking things a bit. Brent may be removing the bullseye from his back with this chat. He's playing this well. Kudos to Brent. He might be saving himself. We'll find out later as Frenchie starts talking to others again. Brent's playing the hand he has and is playing it well.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Well, that was different. Somehow the live feeds became DABL for a few minutes. Is that what we'll see during comps?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!