Honored Contributor

what a depressed woman......and losing the diet 4 times.

Dr. Now sure has a lot of patience.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

She was something else.  I couldn't believe she kept saying she lost the plan.  It was her choice to see the Dr.  I was also shocked he gave her so many do overs.  She put 0 effort into it.  I sure hope she was able to do something on her own plan.

Esteemed Contributor

I just can't feel sorry anymore for these people....I had to stop watching

Honored Contributor

@catlover   Yes, I noticed that too.  Mom intervened and went with her to Houston as well as paying for a house and help.  After all the help,, she only lost ONE pound.  Mom withdrew the financial assistance and she ended up in a bleak home with no help.  Mom finally came through again with money for a hotel in Houston. 

I also wondered why Dr. Now gave her so many chances.  Maybe her age impacted his decision.  She was only 22 years old at that weight!  No future life, if her current morbid obesity continued.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see all of her story but I think Dr. Now recognized how sick this woman was mentally....very different than others.  Such a lack of concern for herself, very childlike.  She actually was surprised that she only lost one pound!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I wasted my 2 hours watching her do nothing but con Dr. Now.

She wasted her 12 months and the rest of  her life by not accepting

all the options and chances thru Dr. Now.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

She was something else.  I couldn't believe she kept saying she lost the plan.  It was her choice to see the Dr.  I was also shocked he gave her so many do overs.  She put 0 effort into it.  I sure hope she was able to do something on her own plan.

I also could not believe how many times she lost Dr. Now's diet and exercise plan. And one of the times she was living in the hotel. She did not have a car in Houston so the plan had to be in the hotel room. 

It just showed that she did not value the paperwork from Dr. Now. Or else she would have made sure that she kept track of it.

It looked like her Mom tried to help but it was tough on the Mom since she worked as a tour bus driver. So kudos to Mom for hiring the cousin to help Seana out and paying for her apartment and hotel room. And Mom paid for the hotel room for a few months.

But as you said it looked like Seana put in zero effort. Hopefuly she will find one of the many plans that she lost and start to follow it.

Respected Contributor

I believe she is mentally challenged, and Dr.Now knew

that.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I watched the Seana show and began to think that maybe she can't read and didn't want to admit it.

I believe it was revealed by her that she dropped out of high school  due to others making fun of her, but maybe she never acquired average skills to make it in school in the first place.

If so, losing the diet instruction papers multiple times might have been an avoidance tactic--she wouldn't understand them if she had kept them.

Valued Contributor

As a lifetime yo-yo dieter I recognize a totally unmotivated person in Seana. She was just not interested in changing her eating habits. Apparently her lifestyle is financially supported through disability -  so no need to get a job or even leave the house. One needs to really want to change to start a diet and stay on it. It looked like she kept going back to Dr. Now because she thought he would give in and do the "magic" surgery.