Respected Contributor

600 pound life - Chad & Teretha - Possible Spoiler

Did anyone watch the update of these 2 last night?  

Since I titled it with "possible spoiler", all I will say for now is that I found myself once again yelling at the TV with regard to Teretha.  OTOH, it was a refreshing change to see Chad's story and how his family was supportive of him.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 600 pound life - Chad & Teretha - Possible Spoiler

I really enjoyed Chad's story and loved that he took his famiy on the road with him so that he could stay on his eating plan.  His kids seemed to enjoy traveling to so many states.

The other one was just pathetic.  I cannot imagine uprooting my family, in her case, her husband, for a year and a half, and not following through. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I really enjoyed Chad's story and loved that he took his famiy on the road with him so that he could stay on his eating plan.  His kids seemed to enjoy traveling to so many states.

The other one was just pathetic.  I cannot imagine uprooting my family, in her case, her husband, for a year and a half, and not following through. 

@SXMGirl, Chad's story was so inspiring and it was nice to see how much his family supported him.  Their love was very transparent.

Like you said, the other one was pathetic; excuse after excuse and frustrating to even hear her talk.

Trusted Contributor

Also, that poor husband was a kidney patient. Dialysis leaves you so weak and tired. I really felt for him.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed Chad's story; it was nice to see a family so loving and supportive to each other. 

Respected Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

Also, that poor husband was a kidney patient. Dialysis leaves you so weak and tired. I really felt for him.

@Renata22, well, duh to me, thanks for posting about her husband; I got so wrapped up in my post I forgot to mention it.

My heart went out to him and never heard him complain.  I had one of those "rewind the DVR moments" when I heard her say "we packed up to make the move" - "We"?  She didn't do anything; he did all of the work.

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I think children traveling to see many States can be a very valuable learning experience, however I question how much they actually saw when he was traveling to do his job and they were stuck in the truck.  Where did they shower or go to the bathroom.  I was happy he lost weight during the trip so I know having his family with him did help him, but children sitting for hours and days in a truck just doesn't sit right with me.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@SXMGirl  Can you imagine living for a month or more with a spouse and two kids in a truck tractor cab?  I expected them to flash a message that they killed each other.  I'm surprised his employer would allow that due to liability issues. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, Teretha was pathetic as has been said.  I'd also say she was a chronic complainer, constantly making excuses for her own short comings.  I noticed when she was giving someone her grocery list, all I heard her mention were cookies and other sweet things.  I just can't imagine why the care givers buy that stuff.  I kind of laughed when I saw her mom.  She was almost the same size.  Looked just like her.

I'm glad that Chad recognized that he was making excuses for himself when he would come for his weigh in and had not lost enough weight considering he'd had the surgery.  But I felt he was selfish to ask his family to go on the road with him.  What about school for the kids?

This just shows how much people are different.  There is no way in the world I would go on the road in a truck for days/weeks, lol.  Couldn't do for love or money.  And I wouldn't let my kids do it either.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Yes, Teretha was pathetic as has been said.  I'd also say she was a chronic complainer, constantly making excuses for her own short comings.  I noticed when she was giving someone her grocery list, all I heard her mention were cookies and other sweet things.  I just can't imagine why the care givers buy that stuff.  I kind of laughed when I saw her mom.  She was almost the same size.  Looked just like her.

I'm glad that Chad recognized that he was making excuses for himself when he would come for his weigh in and had not lost enough weight considering he'd had the surgery.  But I felt he was selfish to ask his family to go on the road with him.  What about school for the kids?

This just shows how much people are different.  There is no way in the world I would go on the road in a truck for days/weeks, lol.  Couldn't do for love or money.  And I wouldn't let my kids do it either.

@Mmsfoxxie  I believe the trip was during summer vacation from school.   Some of those truck cabs are very luxurious with real beds, little kitchens and they can shower at big truck stops.

It's asking a lot of active kids to sit in a vehicle and ride day after day, however.  You just know the two kids were fighting like cats and dogs.   This is not a real smart way to save on a little rent money. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment