Honored Contributor

I was so sad to see the he passed away.............his mother ruined his life.

Why did he gain all that weight to begin with?

He was a gentle, mellow soul.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 600 lb life sean last night

[ Edited ]

He was given so many chances. Yes, his mother may have started

him down the path to destruction but he should have learned to

be more independent.

When he called his dad, it was sad he did not want to come for 

him, but he wanted to be still catered to all his life.

Very sad, lose all that weight in the hospital to go home and put

100 lbs. back on in a month or two.

I couldn't believe when he said he got $10,000 and spent $9000

on food in a short time. He was a time bomb.

Honored Contributor

It was sad.  He gained a lot more than 100 lbs when he went home.  I thought it was something like 300.  He wasn't equipped to live alone.  I don't remember from the first show if it mentioned why he didn't have a relationship with his father.  His father didn't have much emotion when he went as told his son died.

Super Contributor

WOW! I surprised I only watched a part of his episdoe I found on You-Tube recenlty I watch majority of this show there so much you can find for free. Anyway what I did find out in that episdoe he ws apparently close to I belive 900 + maybe when he started. 

Co dependant of course on his Mom as most of these large people are Co-dependant on someone. SHe was his enabler for sure, he at least was getting around his apartment alone shen his Mom went to the hospital. At the end of what I seen the psych DR. Paradise went to him for a in home visit. And he was  encouraged to show his Mom how he could stand up all on his own when she arrived home.

I had no idea she passed either until a I searched an found out. The epsidoe didn't elaberate much what I seen that caused her illness and death. I just pray they both R.I.P reunited in death. Prayers to the rest of the family.

Respected Contributor

We watched last night and the ending was sad, but not surprised. 

The problem I had with Sean was how he talked to and treated Dr. Now.  Yes, Dr. Now told him/warned him while he was laying in the hospital bed after gaining weight back both times.  Sean's reaction and words were nasty and the rolling of his eyes.  This man was getting everything for free, including the hospital, counseling, the therapy, etc., and came off very thankless to me.

The 10K possibly came from his mother (maybe in her will) or maybe his dad gave it to him as I recall he said his dad gave him some money.  He just came across as very ungrateful.

I actually felt more bad for Dr. Now at the end of the show when he talked about him and how he never gave up.  That man has more patience than I ever could.

Hopefully, Sean is now with his mother in Heaven and not lonely anymore.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

It was sad.  He gained a lot more than 100 lbs when he went home.  I thought it was something like 300.  He wasn't equipped to live alone.  I don't remember from the first show if it mentioned why he didn't have a relationship with his father.  His father didn't have much emotion when he went as told his son died.

@GCR18, the person Dr. Now called was Sean's grandfather to tell him the news.  During the show, Sean called his father to check in with him and was going to ask for help until his dad mentioned how busy he was.

It was sad, though that his dad wouldn't take some time to come and visit him.  I don't ever recall seeing his dad on any of the other episodes; I could be wrong, though.  I just recall how his mother did nothing but enable him; she didn't help him at all and I believe he was over 1000 lbs. when he saw Dr. Now who said that he was the largest patient he ever had.

Honored Contributor

I just saw part of it. He seemed to suffer from serious depression.

Super Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18, the person Dr. Now called was Sean's grandfather to tell him the news.  During the show, Sean called his father to check in with him and was going to ask for help until his dad mentioned how busy he was.

It was sad, though that his dad wouldn't take some time to come and visit him.  I don't ever recall seeing his dad on any of the other episodes; I could be wrong, though.  I just recall how his mother did nothing but enable him; she didn't help him at all and I believe he was over 1000 lbs. when he saw Dr. Now who said that he was the largest patient he ever had.

@HisElk1 wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Wow.. over and 1000 lbs. 

Valued Contributor

I think Sean should have been committed for severe depression and suicidal ideation. He literally ate himself to death. His heart gave out in the end.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 

The grandfather?  I didn't catch that.  Hum, wonder why he wasn't involved.  I'm guessing then he was listed as his emergency contact.