Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach thanks for understanding and posting.  Today is, as I said, not a bad one, but some things that keep me from concentrating on my typing.

I've never seen anyone on the show that weighed as much as him and yet, both he and his mother seemed oblivious to it - like you said, they just didn't get it.

Well, that's why the restricted calorie menu.  They both thought their way was the best and surprise! - it wasn't.

I'm just so proud and happy for all the hard work that Brittani did and it sure does show.

Honored Contributor

Re: 600 lb life brittany

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1, no problem, I have days like that too..  it will be okey dokey.

I mean, it's like there's your child, stuck in bed weighing almost a 1,000lbs and you basically just treat him like an infant instead of encouraging him to get jiggy with it.  There's something deeper with her going on, I believe.  She seems very squimish and always agrees, like yes I know, I shouldn't do that and etc.

And Brittani, wow when she had her abdomen surgery, she was past being estatic!!  Hope her husband found enouragement to drop a few.. she is a truly a success, hope she continues!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I don't understand why these family members don't automatically go on the same weight reduction plan as the patients.  Ninety percent of the time they are also obese.  They can follow the plan and LOSE!!  It's like a "twofor"!!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if the guy from Rhode Island and his brother are coming back on the show? Sorry I can't recall his name but he's a hot mess. He was thrown out of the hospital etc. He's a drug addict as well.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Does anyone know if the guy from Rhode Island and his brother are coming back on the show? Sorry I can't recall his name but he's a hot mess. He was thrown out of the hospital etc. He's a drug addict as well.

@colliemom4, that would be Steven and Justin Assanti.  Don't know if they'll be an update.  The show kinda left us hanging when it ended so who knows. On the other thread someone said one of they said they were living off of disability.  I really, really have to keep my feelings to myself about that because something could be done to turn it around..  OOps.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

The very first day I saw Britanni, I could see how cute she was.  She's one of the few 600+ that still had a decent shape to their face.  Luce from last week comes to mind with chins going on.  Britanni really tried hard and I felt bad when she had to wait for her skin surgery.

Sean and his mother were almost laughable....if it wasn't so serious.  I mean, to sit there and tell Dr. Now that you tried not to regain that weight.  And Sean looks at his mother when he says it knowing she would back him up.

Sean should really be ashamed of himself having his senior mom take care of him.  He might him almost done it since she was sick.  No other family members were in on enabling him at least.

I didn't see the end of the show, I got a phone call.  Did it show if he got a caregiver when the mother got sick?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4, that would be Steven and Justin Assanti.  Don't know if they'll be an update.  The show kinda left us hanging when it ended so who knows. On the other thread someone said one of they said they were living off of disability.  I really, really have to keep my feelings to myself about that because something could be done to turn it around..  OOps.. 

Thanks Smoky and I totally agree.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

She looks great. Did anyone watch the episode of the tall woman who did dog training? Her wound came open because she continued to get up and down and had to have another surgery. I wonder what happened to her boyfriend? I found the entire situation strange. 

I came across the show about skin surgery.  This woman was a head case, in my opinion!  That other doctor she saw said that she probably asked the drains be taken out too soon.  I don't understand why some doctors follow requests they are almost sure are a bad idea!  Let her pull them out herself then!

Right, she was told you cannot be bending over like that, considering WHERE the incision was.  She kept moaning about needing to pay for a wedding - forget about the wedding.  Just get married and be well instead.

I also noticed her "fiance" seemed to be out of the picture at the end. I also wondered what's up with that.  It should have been alluded to in the show.

Hyacinth