Super Contributor

600 lb life Jeanne

[ Edited ]

I looked this woman up because I watched the segment on her and it ended with her stopping her treatment with Dr. Now, her mother having hernia surgery and then her father dying.  

I was sorry to learn that she had died Feb. 2019 from a heart attack.  Such a tragedy.

Respected Contributor

@lil sophie wrote:

I looked this woman up because I watched the segment on her and it ended with her stopping her treatment with Dr. Now, her mother having hernia surgery and then her father dying.  

I was sorry to learn that she had died Feb. 2019 from a heart attack.  Such a tragedy.

Are you referring to Jeanne Covey? Where did you read about her death? She posted on FB yesterday.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418   That was my belief....that Jeanne is still living and trying to cope with her struggles and weight.

Esteemed Contributor

The only one to pass away in February 2019 is Kelly Mason, on 2/15/2019.

She passed away in her sleep from cardiac arrest.  She had been doing pretty good with the program, but her health was just too far gone.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think she (Kelly) was the one that wasn't able to get out of the cab when she met Dr. Now at the hospital.  It was a very sad episode; she was really trying hard and I think she was either back in college or trying to get back.

Super Contributor

I must have fallen for those internet stories that pull you in.  One did say she died but I found another site that provided a recent pic as of August 2020 saying she lost approximately 230 lbs. so she is definitely still alive.  Sorry for the wrong info:Is Jeanne Covey still alive 4

Honored Contributor

Oh, I remember her. It was so sad to watch on so many levels.

Glad to hear she lost weight. And after seeing her Mom's infection, I was glad Dr Now took her Mom under his care too. They needed help.

Respected Contributor

Wasn't she the one that lit a cigarette while standing next to a gas pump at a gas station & then, wondered why people were staring at her?