Honored Contributor

pauline is so annoying....she quit the program because she could not stand to hear the truth when dr. now told it to her.

She has ruined her son's life...........so selfish....me, me ,me..........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I turned it off, I couldn't watch her anymore. 

I remember Pauline from her first attempt with Dr Now. The ending scene for that show was Pauline eating with great enthusiasm at a Bingo game. You were left with the feeling that she wasn't going to be one of Dr Now's success stories.

I think she is perfectly happy to have her son do everything for her as she sits and eats whatever she wants.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to stop watching. The updated episodes are just dragging.

It starts to get depressing. I have watched every season and I think

this season started in January and is still running.

Respected Contributor

Agreed about Pauline.  There is a thing called "water weight"; just not 40 lbs. worth of it.  Her problem is going to be the excess skin, etc., that she needed removed.  

Unless she finds a doctor in her state (and maybe she will) to remove it, she's out of luck.  I feel bad for her son as he won't be able to have a decent life.

June and Chad both seemed to do very well and it was uplifting to see their success stories.

As for Dr. Now, he must have a boatload of patience pills on hand to deal with some of his patients.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

Agreed about Pauline.  There is a thing called "water weight"; just not 40 lbs. worth of it.  Her problem is going to be the excess skin, etc., that she needed removed.  

Unless she finds a doctor in her state (and maybe she will) to remove it, she's out of luck.  I feel bad for her son as he won't be able to have a decent life.

June and Chad both seemed to do very well and it was uplifting to see their success stories.

As for Dr. Now, he must have a boatload of patience pills on hand to deal with some of his patients.  

Dr Now did remove excess skin from Pauline's abdomen. I believe it was over 30 pounds. But Pauline kept complaining about the pain and wanted more pills. And because of the pain she didn't want to move out of bed. That is when I turned Pauline off. 

I wish they spent more time on June and Chad. 

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

Dr Now did remove excess skin from Pauline's abdomen. I believe it was over 30 pounds. But Pauline kept complaining about the pain and wanted more pills. And because of the pain she didn't want to move out of bed. That is when I turned Pauline off. 

@drizzellla Pauline did quit Dr Now's program fairly early in the episode, so the remainder of the time was spent on June and Chad.  Pauline just did not want to follow Dr Now's instructions so she quit and never returned in the episode.

I feel so bad for her son; hope he doesn't become another Sean, who, IMO, had no idea how to survive without his mother.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@drizzellla , you are correct; however, I believe she had more excess like her lymphodema (sp?) to be removed on her leg(s) after she had the abdomen removed.  That's when she wouldn't get up out of bed and started gaining weight, around 37 pounds.  Dr. Now said he wouldn't remove anymore because she gained and she got upset and quit the program.

The rest of the show detailed June and Chad who did very well.