Respected Contributor

Re: 600 POUND LIFE THE ASSANTI BROTHERS

@DrKelli wrote:

I did have to laugh when he was getting weighed before leaving the hospital and he was naked and Dr. Now asked him to put a gown on and he replied "You've seen it before" and the good doctor said "Well, yes, but that doesn't mean anyone else has to see it".

I think he likes people to look at his body, which is ironic because he couldn't stand to see himself in the mirror clothed. 

No amount of perfume or candles is going to cover up that stench either.

Respected Contributor

Those poor camera people filming him.  I'm sure they've seen a lot of his bad behavior, dealing with all that stink, and then watching him lie there with no clothes on - so gross.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@sunshine 919, the mom was addressed in Part 1.  She and the dad divorced when the boys were fairly young and the boys went to live with her, but felt abandoned when she continually chose "boyfriends" over them and they turned to food.

lol...yeah, sure...blame mom.  Any body but them.  I wonder if mom had a weight problem.  I didn't hear him say it but I think he blames his dad as well.  Otherwise he wouldn't abuse him as he did.

I also thought it strange that those liter bottles of pop had been drank from without finishing.  Weird.

Taxpayer money down the drain.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm sure he must have been evicted from that first apartment because of the filth and stench.  It didn't look like a bad place when he moved in, but he completely destroyed it.  Then he "had" to move, which was never explained but not difficult to figure out..  I can't believe the golf cart person was willing to rent to him.  Must admit I wasn't too concerned when he slid off the golf cart. (Ok; maybe I found it kind of funny.)  He's a terrible actor.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon, I heard him say he had to move because his dad couldn't afford it.   It was in pretty bad shape.  

I thought the landlord driving the golf cart was an actor.   I can't imagine anyone putting him on the back of that golf cart  and going up an incline willingly.   

Honored Contributor

Yeah, that golf cart bit was pretty bizarre!

I watched the second episode last night and  I was pretty much disgusted 95% of the time.  Steven is just a vile human being.  When he was yelling at his father about that $1,500 I couldn't believe it.    So entitled!   

The way he treats everybody and that disgusting smirk reminds me of that creep who bought that pharma company and increased the prices by thousands of percent.   

I'd be shocked if somebody as horrible as Steven took some kind of turn and became a decent person.   It just doesn't seem possible.  It was almost like they wanted him to seem human at the end, with his brother.    Didn't fool me for one minute.

Glad Dr Now finally pulled the plug on his ability to doctor shop.  I can't believe that didn't happen earlier on - MUCH earlier on!

Honored Contributor

I missed hearing the doctor say that but wondered if he was naked. I thought he probably was. I do think he likes exposing his body to others. He displays many disturbing behavioral issues.

Respected Contributor

ITA w/ those of you say that Steven seems to enjoy exposing his body.

In a perverse way, it's a form of bullying, as he's forcing you to see everything.

He's a sick man/boy.

I really felt as if he was acting for a specific audience during the filming of the entire show.

Just before he went into rehab, he said he wanted to hold onto his iPad to stay in touch w/ "my people".

I took that to mean the sick bunch who follow him on youtube.

This'll sound horrible, but I think the dad should pack up and leave and move away to the other side of the country, and leave no forwarding address or phone number.

No one would blame him!

Muddling through...
Valued Contributor

Catlover et all,  What season are you watching?  I just tried to find it in on demand. 

I watch these from time to time but this one seems like a "must see"

TIA

Respected Contributor

@LexPex, it is the current season. I want to say season 5?