Esteemed Contributor

Re: 600 POUND LIFE THE ASSANTI BROTHERS

That episode was clearly a trainwreck.  The father is probably the worse enabler ever.  He's got some fire in him too.  He checked and shut down the younger son when told him what he was doing was wrong by enabling Steven.  I think the father can be mean. 

Steven is very creepy.  He was leering at the camera when the nursing staff was washing him up.  Yuck.

Next week will be quite interesting.

Honored Contributor

I can't thing of anything positive to say ... I only saw the last 45 minutes that was enough for ME to put down that brownie!!!! 

Not really - wonder why TLC doesn't let you know what the outcome is, wasn't there a episode on the week before with the same issues (he had a enabler gf)?

very sad and addict to both painkillers & food😱

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

That episode was clearly a trainwreck.  The father is probably the worse enabler ever.  He's got some fire in him too.  He checked and shut down the younger son when told him what he was doing was wrong by enabling Steven.  I think the father can be mean. 

Steven is very creepy.  He was leering at the camera when the nursing staff was washing him up.  Yuck.

What this Steven needs is to be left to lay in his own filth and leave him there to fend for himself....a wake up call of sorts. Bring him nothing....no food, nothing.  It seems "helping " him is doing no good.

Valued Contributor

This post is one of the funniest I have seen in a long time. I watched the show and was so disgusted by the behavior of the one in the hospital , I had to keep watching to see what happened. It was just gross. Good for the doc for putting him in his place and removing him from the hospitals. If I had been one of the nurses I would have been fired as I would have let fly with a few expletives not for print here.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

What this Steven needs is to be left to lay in his own filth and leave him there to fend for himself....a wake up call of sorts. Bring him nothing....no food, nothing.  It seems "helping " him is doing no good.

???

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I can't thing of anything positive to say ... I only saw the last 45 minutes that was enough for ME to put down that brownie!!!! 

Not really - wonder why TLC doesn't let you know what the outcome is, wasn't there a episode on the week before with the same issues (he had a enabler gf)?

very sad and addict to both painkillers & food😱

@homedecor1  They all have enablers.  They have to as they can't get out to get food by themselves.  Some are too big to fit into a car. 

These people are so huge and gross when they show them without clothing, you can't even identify their body parts. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I just saw this thread about them and wanted to let all of you know that a few of us are posting on the other thread "600 lb. life" if you want to join in. 

If you google just his name, you will find a lot of info on him.  He was on Dr. Phil back in 2007.

He's an "attention getter" IMO and what a waste of taxpayer's $.  

Esteemed Contributor

What about Steven's trip from R.I. to Houston!!!! He actually broke the bed in the medical unit and they had to get concrete blocks to hold him up.! And every two hours he made everyone stop so he could eat. And EAT - that baby did EAT!

Steven had that little habit of bossing everyone around and telling them everything they should do for him.

When donkeys fly....

Respected Contributor

When they showed Steven eating a burger & fries during the trip, it was nauseating to watch.   He's just downright repulsive & seems to revel in it. 

I noticed the folks who had the delightful chore of washing him had on masks, so I bet he smelled real fragrant!  Gah!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in RI-a few miles from where these brothers live.  I remember reading in the local paper when Steven was thrown out of RI Hospital for ordering pizza delivery--that was in 2015.    Waiting to watch Part 2--just to find out what happened to these guys.  Very bizarre family...and getting paid for it!  Just found out he has some crazy videos on youtube!