Esteemed Contributor

Re: 600 POUND LIFE THE ASSANTI BROTHERS

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if the Assanti Bros. saga is going to continue or was that the end?  The week before it said "to be continued" but after the last episode, I didn't see anything. 

The only person who had Steven figured out and wouldn't take his ****** was Princess.  She really stood up to him and called his bluff on the TV. 

Princess must have needed a job to take that in the first place. Did you see how he lived? Princess should have been wearing a mask and Hazmat suit.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

Guess what?

I decided to 'follow' Steven on FB. LOL!!! He's known as John Assanti on FB. IDK why.

I even tried a friend request, but a message came up that Steven had reached the maximum allotted amount for friend requests!

Holy cwap.

I was just curious to see what he was up to.  Smiley Wink

@sabatini I am not very FB savvy but it looks like in one of his pictures that he lost a lot of weight and now may be on TLC's new show Skintight? . . . sigh, just what we need another hour or more of him . . . Smiley Sad

OMG, his stomach must be touching the floor if he lost weight. It was past his knees when sitting.

Steven actually seems to be a narcissist and willing to do whatever necessary for attention PLUS money.

This could go on forever, making money. He could lose, get on SkinTight, and then gain it back.

I heard Steven say he wanted to be an actor, and then I heard him say he wanted to be an inspirational motivator. Can you believe it?

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

Guess what?

I decided to 'follow' Steven on FB. LOL!!! He's known as John Assanti on FB. IDK why.

I even tried a friend request, but a message came up that Steven had reached the maximum allotted amount for friend requests!

Holy cwap.

I was just curious to see what he was up to.  Smiley Wink

@sabatini I am not very FB savvy but it looks like in one of his pictures that he lost a lot of weight and now may be on TLC's new show Skintight? . . . sigh, just what we need another hour or more of him . . . Smiley Sad

If they remove his built-in skirt he's going to have to put some clothes on.

Ooooooh, he won't like that....

Valued Contributor

I felt sorry for the poor cat that got stuck in the apartment with that guy.  Talk about a dysfunctional family.  They could be written up in textbooks.

Respected Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

I felt sorry for the poor cat that got stuck in the apartment with that guy.  Talk about a dysfunctional family.  They could be written up in textbooks.

@D Kay, off topic; however, I see you're a "new contributor".  Welcome to the forums.

Many of us felt for the poor cat.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Dr. Kelli....I found them

I am more upset with the father...talk about enabling

Valued Contributor

I am an accountant so money issues always fascinate me.  I have tried to see if I can find how these people are compensated....i.e.  free apartment...free car rental etc. and so far I have had no luck

My best guess is that their medical is taken care of by Medicaid and that since they don't work they are on SSI disability. and since many need bigger cars, the show must rent them.  I also assume they get paid just as any reality star would

I think the show must put them up in the apartments in Houston when needed except in the case when the patient becomes non-compliant

DH says that the father Assanti drives a Lincoln Navigator and he must have some $$ since he set his son up in his new businee. 

Any of you have any ideason their compensation?  Bet they make at least $2000 a week or maybe more. 

Honored Contributor

@LexPex wrote:

I am an accountant so money issues always fascinate me.  I have tried to see if I can find how these people are compensated....i.e.  free apartment...free car rental etc. and so far I have had no luck

My best guess is that their medical is taken care of by Medicaid and that since they don't work they are on SSI disability. and since many need bigger cars, the show must rent them.  I also assume they get paid just as any reality star would

I think the show must put them up in the apartments in Houston when needed except in the case when the patient becomes non-compliant

DH says that the father Assanti drives a Lincoln Navigator and he must have some $$ since he set his son up in his new businee. 

Any of you have any ideason their compensation?  Bet they make at least $2000 a week or maybe more. 

Believe me, the business they set up didn't require the big bucks.  Everything is on folding tables, and Justin plops himself on a folding chair.  I think the show provides the cars.

The Assanti home they showed would indicate that they do not have much money.  And given the repairs needed because of the obese children, it would seem if the father had the money to fix things, that would have been a top priority.

Honored Contributor

I agree with others who feel sorry for the father.

Imagine you work all your life and try to set yourself up for the time after you are no longer working, or able to work.   He's probably not a zillionaire, so I don't imagine he had a ton of money/investments put back.

Now, he's paying in big bucks due to two lazy kids who take advantage of him and take him for granted.   What's going to happen to him?

I know somebody who is totally not even set up at all for when she can no longer work.  I mean, completely - as in she has no retirement plan, no investments, no saving - nothing.

Then her deadbeat daughter (in her upper 30s) and daughter's POS boyfriend start living off of her.   Now, granted, and I told her this for years, she allowed this to happen.    They take such advantage of her and now she's probably in a position to have less than nothing and she's in her mid 60s.  Are they going to take care of her when she can't work anymore?  I think we all know the answer to that.   Fortunately for her, she has one good daughter who grew up to be a good, responsible citizen.

If all that weren't enough, the worthless one cranked out a kid so now she has to support the three of them, while they live in her house and don't even help out at all.   Ugh!  I hate to even think about this story because it just pi$$es me off.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I agree with others who feel sorry for the father.

Imagine you work all your life and try to set yourself up for the time after you are no longer working, or able to work.   He's probably not a zillionaire, so I don't imagine he had a ton of money/investments put back.

Now, he's paying in big bucks due to two lazy kids who take advantage of him and take him for granted.   What's going to happen to him?

I know somebody who is totally not even set up at all for when she can no longer work.  I mean, completely - as in she has no retirement plan, no investments, no saving - nothing.

Then her deadbeat daughter (in her upper 30s) and daughter's POS boyfriend start living off of her.   Now, granted, and I told her this for years, she allowed this to happen.    They take such advantage of her and now she's probably in a position to have less than nothing and she's in her mid 60s.  Are they going to take care of her when she can't work anymore?  I think we all know the answer to that.   Fortunately for her, she has one good daughter who grew up to be a good, responsible citizen.

If all that weren't enough, the worthless one cranked out a kid so now she has to support the three of them, while they live in her house and don't even help out at all.   Ugh!  I hate to even think about this story because it just pi$$es me off.

@chickenbutt, boy do I hear you girl.  The woman I spoke about that goes to the gym will have a big surprise when her father is no longer around.  She's mid 30's, and doesn't work because she says she's her father's "caregiver".  They live in an apartment and I imagine he gets many different types of help.  Yet, she has $ to go to the shore and $ to get a fancy tattoo which can be expensive and also to go out with her friends for lunch, dinner, etc.

Since she's not working, she'll have nothing for retirement when she realizes it, but it'll be too late.  

And I agree with you, it pi$$es both DH and me off too.