Respected Contributor

I finally watched this episode in full because I missed the last half of it when it originally aired.  Ashley sure is a piece of work.  She has some serious issues.  

I sure hope this show will not always be about those that do not truly want to lose weight.  It seems like they are starting to only show failures, and patients that are defiant and not really interested in changing their eating habits and losing weight.  Maybe the more outrageous these patients are, the better the ratings?????

I have been disappointed with this current season.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I wonder if anybody has watched this week's episode.   I forgot her name.  It was an unusual one.

Anyway, I watched the whole thing before I got up this morning, from my bdrm tv, and it was another total waste of time.  I think I cruised through the 2hr episode in about 20 minutes.  It went from nowhere to nowhere.  Thank goodness for FF!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: 600 Lb Life - Ashley T.

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I wonder if anybody has watched this week's episode.   I forgot her name.  It was an unusual one.

Anyway, I watched the whole thing before I got up this morning, from my bdrm tv, and it was another total waste of time.  I think I cruised through the 2hr episode in about 20 minutes.  It went from nowhere to nowhere.  Thank goodness for FF!  Smiley Very Happy

@chickenbutt, yes, we watched it last night.  About 20 minutes into the show, I said to DH, "I'll bet this one will be another "FWOT" (meaning freaking waste of time).  Edited to say I think her name was "Leanthra" or something like that.

I agree, thank goodness for FF because she was another one; at one point, I thought she may have been related to Ashley from last week with how she acted.

I wish the show would throw us a bone every once in awhile with someone who actually succeeds. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes this week's waste of time and big complainer had a HUGE breakdown

insisting that she was not eating. Doctor called her out and she went on and

on insisting that she was not eating. Well we watched her work out for about

3 minutes or so, they film the good stuff into tricking the viewers that maybe

she is trying  but then weigh in time is a BIG JOKE.

I think she lost 29 lbs in 5 or 6 months. Doc wanted 60 lbs. dropped in 2 months

and she was so happy with herself. Showed her eating a healthy meal or two,

but again she probably goes back for more and more and more. They just

don't show it to us.

I felt so bad for her little girl. Breathing problems too. Poor kid. She kept saying

that she was trying to do the program not just for herself but for her daughter.

Well another person who wasted a year and failed, quit the program. 

Where is this going to land her, more obese and probably bed ridden and 

then a kid won't have a Mom in the end. Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I think this was the third week in a row that the patient never received surgery.  The show is becoming increasingly boring and the people are becoming increasingly rude.  I can't imagine ever speaking to Dr. Now the way these people do.  

Honored Contributor

She was really fooling herself.......saying that maybe she will lose the weight on her own!

I give her a lot of credit though for having a job that she has to be on her feet....I honestly don't know how she does it.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

I don't see how the show is going to stay on the air when each season has fewer success stories.

I watch the older shows on the TLC Go app and the majority of the patients were successful and when watching the Where are They Now shows many are still maintaining their weight loss ( at least to some degree).

Anymore, it seems so repetitive, each appointment Dr. Now asks them why they are not doing well, they offer up their excuses, Dr. Now tells them they have to do better, they say they will, etc. etc. Even the lovely Dr. Lola with her multiple hair pieces cannot seem to help.     It is so annoying when there are so many people out there who would grasp the brass ring offered them and change their life - but they are not given this opportunity.  

Off topic, but relating to the nurse who ushers the clients into the weight room - have you ever seen a person who seems less interested in her job?

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

I don't see how the show is going to stay on the air when each season has fewer success stories.

I watch the older shows on the TLC Go app and the majority of the patients were successful and when watching the Where are They Now shows many are still maintaining their weight loss ( at least to some degree).

Anymore, it seems so repetitive, each appointment Dr. Now asks them why they are not doing well, they offer up their excuses, Dr. Now tells them they have to do better, they say they will, etc. etc. Even the lovely Dr. Lola with her multiple hair pieces cannot seem to help.     It is so annoying when there are so many people out there who would grasp the brass ring offered them and change their life - but they are not given this opportunity.  

Off topic, but relating to the nurse who ushers the clients into the weight room - have you ever seen a person who seems less interested in her job?

(bolded by me)  Yes!  Every single episode I notice her, as she stands in front of the open door with a look of great disdain and disinterest.

I always notice weird details, though, so I figured it was just me.

I also agree that I really wish they would give this opportunity to people who are grateful for the chance to improve their lives and not have it seemingly wasted by a good percentage of the folks who do get it.  Smiley Sad

While we're at it - the other Houston psychologist they use, that little bitty guy  - He kinda creeps me out on one hand but, otoh, he seems like a nice guy.

Super Contributor

Re: 600 Lb Life - Ashley T.

[ Edited ]

@minkbunny@chickenbutt  I can't remember the nurse's name but according to many of the participants she is a lovely, compassionate person.  She gets A TON of hate online from being on the show. Every once in a while we see her crack a smile! 

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

@minkbunny@chickenbutt  I can't remember the nurse's name but according to many of the participants she is a lovely, compassionate person.  She gets A TON of hate online from being on the show. Every once in a while we see her crack a smile! 

Aww, I'm sorry she gets all that hate.  Thanks for the info.  Now that I think about it, I do think I saw her smile one time.   I imagine it's stressful, adding to that being on tv while she does her job.  At least she always just has that one scene (IIRC).     I probably wouldn't smile much, either.