Honored Contributor

I watched a rerun of an older show, a few days ago, and this guy was really ticking me off.  He gets a month to lose 50# and, instead, he gained either 86 or 87 (can't remember) pounds.   

Of course, he's flummoxed as to how that happened.   Yeah, no.   Those are the kinds of things that will anger me.  There are probably people out there who would love to do the work and get their lives in order.  But I guess they don't have enough drama, so we get krap like this instead.

Super Contributor

I can tell you why I watch this show. At least I think I've figured it out. I watch it (and Hoarders) to make myself feel better. I can say to myself "at least I'm not that bad."

Esteemed Contributor

Beth was too much an enabler.  All she ever said was "okay, yes, sure, etc".... I mean, there's a limit to how much enabling there should be.

Gina should have been told to "get up and get your own food" like Dr. Now tells the enablers.  So what if they get mad, have a tantrum and what not?  Who cares?  Notice how the entire family was morbidly obese, including Beth?  There were no good guys in that family.  Did anyone notice that the new BIL never said a single word during the whole taping?    LOL  He probably didn't want any part of it but was in the family, so he had to be there......

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Did someone happen to watch, Gina last night?

I fell asleep. She knocked over a display of reading glasses with the motorized cart in the grocery store. And that is the last I remember.

Does anyone know what happened after that? Did she lose any weight?

No, she didn't. Dr. Now cancelled her surgery. Unfortunately, I believe she is a lost cause. Felt sorry for Beth. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I read somewhere that Gina has at least one website. Can't help but wonder if she just went on 600 Pound Life for exposure for her website. Since she really didn't seem to apply herself to losing weight.

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I read somewhere that Gina has at least one website. Can't help but wonder if she just went on 600 Pound Life for exposure for her website. Since she really didn't seem to apply herself to losing weight.

@drizzellla If I remember right Gina also made a point of saying that once her weight got high and she couldn't get around, she received money to cover housing.  At that time her mom moved in with her.  Financially I don't think there was any incentive for her to loose weight.  She would actually have to leave the house and get a job.

Esteemed Contributor

When Gina called Beth and "told" her to bring food home (for 5 people too), Beth said she was coming home and would cook.  Gina wouldn't have any of that and insisted that she stop off for food.

That food wasn't for five "regular, ordinary" people - these were morbidly obese and each one ate for 3 people.  I can't imagine how much that one meal cost, let alone 3 meals a day..... Where is this money comng from????

We never hear anything about money from any one of them, in any shows that I have watched.  It's just not in their vocabulary..... It's like money just falls from the sky..... Strange, to say the least......

How can they just pick up and move to Houston for a year.  Some of them have jobs too.  We never did find out what Beth does... That is never discussed either.  So much is left out.  They move to Houston where they have to pay rent and most of them keep their other apartments, where they are paying rent too......  Hmmmmm??????

Respected Contributor

I know several of the patients have mentioned that they are on disability.  I often wonder if the show helps them pay for their rent if they move down to Texas.  They must compensate them in some way, maybe with free medical from Dr. Now?

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

besides the money question, I always wonder how do they use the bathroom?

Someone must have to wipe and clean them....and it's not just once in a while it's probably several times a day and you can only just imagine the amount of poo we're dealing with here.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

On the Facebook group for discussing this show, someone found that Gina had done several pörnö films that she uploaded to some site.  I'd have to pour bleach in my eyes!