Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Did someone happen to watch, Gina last night?

I fell asleep. She knocked over a display of reading glasses with the motorized cart in the grocery store. And that is the last I remember.

Does anyone know what happened after that? Did she lose any weight?

At the risk of being yelled at by somebody, I'm going to respond:

SPOILER

After many many months of gaining and then losing only a few pounds she finally had a decent weight loss.  She was only 8 pounds from her goal so Dr. Now approved her for surgery, on the condition that she lose another (50?) pounds by the day of surgery plus the 8 from the last time.  On the day of surgery she is in the bed and Dr. Now comes in to weigh her and guess what......it's a no.  I wasn't watching closely, but I believe she gained again.  She did not have the surgery.  Dr. Now said he will give her one more try.  She said she is going to stick to the diet and get the surgery, but the 12 months were up and we didn't see what happens after that.  My guess is she never had the surgery.

Honored Contributor

@Travone:

Thank you Travone, I appreciate your reply.

Spoiler

I suspected since she gained weight for her first follow up visit, that things might not work out well.
Honored Contributor

I sure hope there's an update on Gina- last I saw she and Beth were driving off into the sunset in their minivan.  She was so mad at herself for gaining weight right at almost surgery time- she'd gained 13 lbs.  Now that Dr. Now has given her a second chance, he wants her to lose 75 lbs in the next 3 months.. hoping there will be a follow-up episode.

And blaming her wife Beth, then she must've been the blame for the rest of her family being obsese..

Wishing her the best.. and that she gets more therapy..

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/01/gina-krasley-my-600-lb-life/

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach   I was thinking the same thing about the family.  When the mother said she wasn't going to Houston with Gina because she needed to help the other sister plan her wedding....my first thought was there was no way SHE was going to be able to survive the car trip herself....let alone Gina surviving it.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Suziepeach   I was thinking the same thing about the family.  When the mother said she wasn't going to Houston with Gina because she needed to help the other sister plan her wedding....my first thought was there was no way SHE was going to be able to survive the car trip herself....let alone Gina surviving it.

@Travone I couldn't agree more- the sister was obese yet Gina was worried about what people would think of her at the rehearsal and wedding- she almost had a full blown anxiety attack and Beth was right by her side doing whatever she could, even married the couple.  Excuse my french but she needs to grow a pair and stand up to Gina.. 

Did you see how Lola changed her hair, it's really dark and long?  I'd love to hear what she said to Dr Now about those sessions. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach   I wasn't really paying attention during the Lola sessions....I don't like her.  She tells each patient the same thing each week. so I tune her out.  I also am not a fan of her little girl voice.....I know that petty and she can't change it.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Suziepeach   I wasn't really paying attention during the Lola sessions....I don't like her.  She tells each patient the same thing each week. so I tune her out.  I also am not a fan of her little girl voice.....I know that petty and she can't change it.

@Travone I like the looks Lola can give people without even realizing it.... like, "What?" LOL  Awhh she's okay, I tune out her voice.. I am sure we don't hear everything she says to those patients, like what can you say, it's amazing that most of them say the same things about their past and end up using food to heal themselves..  Make sense? 

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

We are definately only seeing a very small snippet of what is really happening.  Notice how it is always daytime when the patients go to see Dr. Now but it is very often dark out when they leave.  Yet they only show about 60 seconds of the visit.  What a long day for these people that don't have the stamina to get out of bed on some days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

We are definately only seeing a very small snippet of what is really happening.  Notice how it is always daytime when the patients go to see Dr. Now but it is very often dark out when they leave.  Yet they only show about 60 seconds of the visit.  What a long day for these people that don't have the stamina to get out of bed on some days.

@Travone   I wonder about that myself.  Many times, they drive up for their appt. in the dark too.... And, when they travel from long distances for their appt. how come they manage to get right to his office even before they settle in a hotel room?  Lots we don't see for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

From the start, this episode with Gina was a disaster. Whole family needed

help with their weight. Gina at 28 was so jealous of her sister. Grow up

already. Then her family wanted to lay all the blame on Gina's wife for 

always bringing in takeout and supplying so much garbage. All she did

was sit around and complain.

Knew she was not going to make much or any effort in her battle. Some

you root for but I did not root for Gina. She did not want to exercise even

a little. We didn't see her out and about like some of the others trying even

a little to make a difference.

She played way too many games with Dr. Now. Rambling on nonsense

about where she lived and now that she was moving to Texas she would

begin the program and make an effort. Such garbage. I wanted Dr. Now

to say to her to stop with all the excuses. When she was trying to explain

that she was following the program yet still gained 8 or so pounds, what

a laugh. Sure he has heard her nonsense a thousand times.