Honored Contributor

Re: 60 Minutes story about how Facebook is Toxic, QVC asks we post there

I did notice that disconnect

I have not had any negative experiences on FB, 

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

I use facebook, every day. Our community has info on school happenings(late buses, etc.) New businesses, accidents so we can avoid backups.

i limit my friends to relatives and close friends, so no business, political stuff, etc.

if used right(don't share personal info) facebook isn't evil.

That's about you personally. But for anyone who cares about the much bigger picture and how Facebook conducts business and what it values, well that's a different story. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

They're just cutting out yet another route to shoppers checking out their products.  I don't know how many tiimes I've checked out an item due to the chatter on these forums.  Too bad they don't understand that many folks who DON"T directly watch the shows will be even LESS likely to watch them without the chat boards.  Not sure how much it costs to run these boards but I think they're gonna lose in the end.  I wonder if QVC is going to be absorbed into HSN completely?

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine That is so true.  And we get to know each other and value each other's opinions!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, it's not good timing.  I wonder if the new CEO had something to do with this.  He started October 1.

@ValuSkr , I imagine something like this has been in the works for awhile.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe @You took the words right out of my mouth. 🌹

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Facebook just like anything else is what you make of it and where you go on it.  I keep it to happy places, my love of Christmas, my Pepsi memorbilia collection and I connect with friends, I also am in like 2 QVC groups there.

I don't get into politics or religion either.  Just keep it light.

My mental health is just fine.  Someone is a bully? I block them, its pretty cut and dried and again it is what you make of it just like life in general.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Were the moderators hired solely to monitor the forum?  If so, removing the forum would be another cost-saving measure.

I've enjoyed reading the posts of so many here, finding valuable information, laughs and empathy, when needed.  How I'll miss the photography of MamaWick and godi.

I've never liked Facebook, and so this will be a permanent departure from public online communication for me.

Respected Contributor

sounds like someone let the cat out of the bag. They want to repl they ace the message board with Facebook. Are they crazy?

If they think the mods can control Facebook better than they have done on this mb, QVC better buy the mods "uppers"to keep them going because they're going to have to monitor Facebook 24 hours a day.

Join a QVC facebook? maybe this was the result of one of those "there are no bad idea" sessions because this one stinks.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, it's not good timing.  I wonder if the new CEO had something to do with this.  He started October 1.

@ValuSkr , I imagine something like this has been in the works for awhile.

Right before Thanksgiving and Christmas...what a genius. I wonder if that's why they're trying to kick their holiday season 2 months early because once the new guy takes over, sales will drop like a rock.