Esteemed Contributor

60 Minutes piece on electronic chips

DH and I found this piece on chip shortage )and what we are attempting to do to make up for lost time) very timely and interesting.  We live in AZ and evidently CSM is building at least one facility near Phoenix to help meet this need.  This is a good example of the kind of manufacturing that USA needs to bring in-house.  We were so interested in this that this morning we bought 100 shares in this company.

Honored Contributor

Re: 60 Minutes piece on electronic chips

I watched that also.  Didn't they also say that in 2028 China would pass the US and be the richest country in the world or am I getting that confused with something else I watched. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the piece did state that by 2028 China would have more collective wealth than USA.  Another related issue is potential war over Taiwan because of their number one position in the chip industry.  We need to make bringing more chip production to USA a major priority.

Honored Contributor

Same thing needs to be done for solar panel production. Still too many of the ones over here are from over there. Things are looking up, however...no pun intended.

Respected Contributor

Did the news story also mention that an emp attack would make all the electronic chips absolutely worthless? We actually need less reliance on the products that use them or a way to avoid the consequences of such an ordeal. Just sayin.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Intel just announced that they are spending 3B to upgrade their plant here in my community.  I understand they've made similar upgrades to a plant in the Phoenix area. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment