Honored Contributor

Re: 60 Days In Season 2 - Includes spoilers

This season is pretty crazy compared to the last! I was surprised at Monalisa's reaction to Shari saying she wrote the note. The wirey little Ashley needs to be put on meds or something to calm her down. I wonder if she isn't acting the way she is because she's on some type of stimulant? I can't stand her. Too bad the guards didn't find their drugs. It looks like next week will be utterly disgusting. If I were a participant I'd get out of there immediately! That's so sickening!

Respected Contributor

Well, I can't believe after two raids in the girls pod that they didn't find any drugs at all! Did they just search two cells? Maybe they need to search them all and have raids more often. No one saw Sheri slip that note under the door? I can't believe that.

Next week looks awful with all that sewage leaking into the pods. The pods are disgusting to begin with so can't imagine how bad it will be with that happening.

If I worked at that jail, I'd be so embaressed to see what's going on. Maybe the Captain realized it was a mess and decided to make a little money with it (tv series) before getting it fixed. I hope once this is over they have a special on about what was done to correct things and if it's working or not. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

Last night's episode was disgusting! I can't imagine living in that jail to begin with, but add in the leaking sewage pipe, along with inmates without water and bathroom facilities for any length of time has disaster written all over it!

It was hard to watch it. Just seeing that water coming into the pod with "stuff" in it was awful. The smell must have been hard to stomach. And then the treatment of the one inmate who was ill, I felt so bad for him. The staff just really didn't care about him at all. Even though it was "just" the flu, it could have been worse and they just took their good old time helping him.

Seeing the guards/staff drinking the bottled drinks and talking about how the inmates had no water was terrible too. I don't know if the inmates could see them doing that but it wasn't smart. 

Are all jails like this? Is this place one of the worst? Or one of the better ones? I know jails aren't supposed to be country clubs, but this was really hard to watch how these human beings are treated.

Respected Contributor

that episode left me shaking my head. Sewage, a sick inmate, ( who they wouldn't help.) The girls jumping another inmate. No drinking water for almost a day? You would think they would send someone to buy cases of bottled water.

Contributor

@nun ya@lainey1  Exactly!  It was third world country stuff.  Terrible.  I don't think those guys have even had a trial yet, right?  Some of them probably don't even belong there.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I kept thinking - why don't they send out for bottled water.  How hard would tha be?  I mean, really.  That was inhumane treatment.

That other inmate who was sick.  The Flu?  Really?  Blood coming out of both ends?  I don't believe it.  Wouldn't you think lots more would have been sick if it was the flu?  That travels quickly.  Especially in a contaminated place like that.

I am wondering about the production crew.  Why couldn't one of them alert the staff about the sick inmate?  I don't get that part.  If one of the program inmates wanted to get out, all they have to do is say "good coffee" and they're out.  Why couldn't the crew get help to this man?

Honored Contributor

Well I hope the sheriff's eyes are opened to why there are so many problems in his jail. How can he bo so naive? The workers do not do their jobs. They aren't even around most of the time. It's unbelievable to think that this is how jails are run, but apparently it is. I've heard bad things about jails, such as people not getting drinks with their meals, having to sleep on hard floors etc. and apparently it's true and then some. The entire situation is extremely sobering. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some serious crimes have taken in this particular jail.

I felt so bad for the man that was bleeding and throwing up. He could have cancer for all they know. But sadly, even if he does, they don't care. The inmates are definitely dehumanized, and I can understand why this would incite anger and riots. I wonder what will happen next? I can't get over how they dealt with that entire human waste situation either. That place should be shut down. Who knows what a person might contact there. 

Honored Contributor

I'm behind in reading this thread.   Yes, the inmates are in charge of the asylum, in jail and in prison.    The COs are outnumbered, underpaid & facilities understaffed.   So the inmates can do what they want, screw the rules.  It's not day care.  Most municipal jails in smaller towns are not like that but the county jails & the prisons are hell.

I was shocked & disappointed that Ashleigh would agree to go when she is still nursing her baby,    I lost respect for her, but so glad she came to terms with her birth mother.  A true epiphany.

Monalisa is more mature, she's getting a lot out of the program, hope she brings a lot of good information to the sheriff when it's over.

Sheri disappoints me.   As a CO what the heck was she thinking with the note??   And if she chose to be removed then come back and next thing you know there's a search would have put her in danger.   The inmates aren't stupid about stuff like that, she would have become a target.    I have no respect for Sheri, she's a sneak & a snitch.   Always cowering in the corner.

While Ryan's methods are if-fy, he may come away with some good information.   But Quentin may turn out to be the star. He is very observant & can evaluate the situation.    Deon is not mentally capable to survive, hope his visit with his girlfriend re-energizes him.

I may have forgotten someone.   Now that they are 30 days in, alliances have been made, familiarity sets in, it should get interesting.

ewww the sewage, can you say cholera???

Respected Contributor

At least last night things seemed to calm down a bit. They got the water back, even though it took 35+ hours. I still don't understand why they didn't send someone out to buy cases of bottled water. Even though the inmates didn't riot, they were close to it. And they could see the correction officers drinking behind that glass enclosure! That was really inconsiderate.

I hope Ashleigh can finish the program. She's really on the verge of losing it. And why doesn't a nurse look at the bite she has? Even though it might be something minor, it should still be attended to. These people are in jails in the U.S., not some third world country.

Her phonecalls to Zack don't seem very nice, but we don't know how they're editing things. He could be saying things to reassure her but they're cut from the show.

I guess just another couple weeks and the show will end. I read 3 will be released next week and the final 3 the following week.

Do you think they filmed a 3rd season?

Honored Contributor

I read that it's yet to be determined whether or not they will have a season 3. I don't normally watch that channel, so if anyone here gets some info about it please post and let us know. 

As you all know we'll soon learn the final outcome of this season. It should be interesting. I don't know if the program has really helped any of the men, except the big guy. Sorry, I can't recall any of the men's names except for Ryan lol. Ryan definitely got too involved in things inside the jail that he shouldn't have.

I don't know if it's really helped Monalisa find the answers she was looking for. Some questions are never answered. I still think Ashleigh shouldn't have participated. I hope her injury isn't serious. Seeing some of the things these inmates go through really does stop and make you think. Sadly, many of them are drug addicts or mentally ill.

Respected Contributor

Well, the other night's episode was pleasently calm compared to some of the others. At least we know we're coming to the end with some of the "inmates" getting out. I hope the information they relay to the Captain and Sheriff helps fix things in that jail.

I really hope they do a follow up program after this to say what was and wasn't done to improve things.