Honored Contributor

Re: 60 Days In Season 2 - Includes spoilers

The correction officers definitely aren't doing their jobs! It was tough to watch the beatings take place among the male inmates. I'd think it would traumatizing to be placed in that type of environment. If given the choice, I'd leave.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4

I guess we're the only ones watching this show! lol

I never thought about what goes on in a jail before, but what I'm seeing would never cross my mind! I thought it would be much more orderly. Why don't the guards see these women running all over the place? Are they allowed to smoke cigarettes in the jail? 

As for the men, Brian's hazing is horrible! But at least he knows he can get out if he wants to. Think about those who don't have that option and just have to endure it. He's either going to have to stand up for himself or opt out of the program.

The sheriff knows he's in trouble, why doesn't he have production call him out so he can talk to him? If he doesn't stand up for himself, it's only going to get worse!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

@lainey1  I never thought much about being in jail either, but I agree with you about what we're seeing being shocking! I totally don't understand why the inmates are allowed access to any type of cigarettes or vapor devices. Or why they spend almost all of time unmonitored. I don't get why the sheriff needs teams of people to go undercover and determine what's wrong with the jail either. It's pretty obvious that no one there is actually doing their job, and I'm sure it will become much worse!

Respected Contributor

Hi @colliemom4. Well, no surprise that Brian opted out. I was glad they were able to move him out of the pod into segregation for the night, probably the best night of sleep he got since going in! And he sure looked different when he shaved off his facial hair!

I still can't believe what goes on in the men's pod - now the "kangaroo court" sessions! I'd be scared to death I'd be called into one and it looks like everyone is found "guilty" and "punished". 

The sheriff was right to bring Sheri's husband in to see her. I think it will help her get through the next couple weeks. Sheri did look like she was on the verge of losing it.

I really liked Zack when he was on season 1, but on his telephone calls with Ashleigh he doesn't seem to be so nice. It could be editing or maybe he just can't empathize with her. Plus him being with the baby all the time must be wearing on him too. It look like she gets to see him next week so that'll help her. She's constantly faced with the drug situation everyday and missing her baby so that's got her on edge in addition to the whole situation of crazy people in the pod!

Monalisa is the one that appears to be the toughest right now. She is learning a lot about prison life and a better understanding of what her daughter is going through. I hope she continues to be strong.

What the pods need are more rules, discipline, frequent correction officer visits and door on the cells. When the lights go out, everyone should be in a cell and not be able to run around and scream all night! Build more cells so those sleeping on mats are not out in the open too. 

Respected Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

Hi @colliemom4. Well, no surprise that Brian opted out. I was glad they were able to move him out of the pod into segregation for the night, probably the best night of sleep he got since going in! And he sure looked different when he shaved off his facial hair!

I still can't believe what goes on in the men's pod - now the "kangaroo court" sessions! I'd be scared to death I'd be called into one and it looks like everyone is found "guilty" and "punished". 

The sheriff was right to bring Sheri's husband in to see her. I think it will help her get through the next couple weeks. Sheri did look like she was on the verge of losing it.

I really liked Zack when he was on season 1, but on his telephone calls with Ashleigh he doesn't seem to be so nice. It could be editing or maybe he just can't empathize with her. Plus him being with the baby all the time must be wearing on him too. It look like she gets to see him next week so that'll help her. She's constantly faced with the drug situation everyday and missing her baby so that's got her on edge in addition to the whole situation of crazy people in the pod!

Monalisa is the one that appears to be the toughest right now. She is learning a lot about prison life and a better understanding of what her daughter is going through. I hope she continues to be strong.

What the pods need are more rules, discipline, frequent correction officer visits and door on the cells. When the lights go out, everyone should be in a cell and not be able to run around and scream all night! Build more cells so those sleeping on mats are not out in the open too. 

I agree with you. Yikes, looks like a free for all 24/7

Honored Contributor

Hi @lainey1. Yes, I'm glad that Brian was able to get out. The sheer existence of the kangaroo court is insain. Plus the guy that controls it ( sorry I forgot his name), isn't anyone you'd want hoovering over you either. Gosh he's creepy and scary! Yuck! 

I feel sorry for Ashleigh. She's had to overcome so many obstacles in her young life. To be quite honest, I'm not certain she made the right decision by going into the program. I don't get quite why her husband is behaving the way he is either, but it makes me feel even more bad for her. She could leave, though I'm doubtful that she will. 

Did you see the short segment they aired of Barbara and the police officer friend from season 1? It came on before the airing of the show. If not, Barbara looked good. Her hair was longer, curled, and she had her makeup done. I never thought she looked bad. She just looked updated and really nice. She said that she was going to become a policer officer but the other gal cautioned her against it. They were discussing what is happening this season.

Respected Contributor

@nun ya - glad to see someone else is watching!Woman LOL

@colliemom4, yes I did see the show that came on before the episode. Barbara did look good and I can't believe she wants to be a police officer now! Tami did look a bit shocked when she mentioned it. I'm surprised Tami didn't know since she implied they speak regularly via phone. You would think Barbara would have asked her for advice about it since Tami is a retired cop.

Honored Contributor

This jail is quite a mess! I found it disgusting and disturbing that female inmates have so little respect for their bodies that they are willing to tattoo each other with unsafe equipment exposing themselves to infection. I realize it's a common practice in many jails and prisons, but I guess I never thought about blood being all over the cells until Shari described it. 

There are so many problems in this place I don't know where to begin. It seems Ryan is becoming way too involved, so I do feel the right decision was made in having him moved. Ashleigh's husband acts like a totally different person. I just don't like what I hear from his mouth or his behavior. I really don't trust him. I'm glad that her parents were able to come visit her though she's obviously still having a very difficult time there. 

Monalisa certainly received a surprise. It's interesting that she didn't have things figured out as well as she thought she did. 

Respected Contributor

OMG, can this show get any worse? The girls section is a mess. I can't believe these girls aren't even thinking they might get some sort of infection from getting the tattoos. What did they say they're using for the ink? And a staple as the needle! Yikes! Plus I can't get over the amount of drugs they're doing. Unbelivable.

Looks like Monalisa may be in trouble next week. But I can't believe Sheri was foolish enough to slip a note under the door! Surely she could have just placed the towel around her neck to have production pull her out and get a message to the Captain. And it looks like she suspects Monalisa might be undercover also. Will be interesting to see if she says anything to her about it. 

And what's with Ryan? All of the sudden he's acting like a real inmate with everyone. Is he so far "undercover" that he doesn't know what reality is anymore? The Captain was right about pulling him out and moving him. But now I wonder in the end if he's going to inform about what's happening in the pod, or will he feel he has to remain loyal to the inmates? 

I'm disappointed in Zack also. He seemed like such a nice guy and now the things he's been saying have been upsetting to hear. Again, it could be the way things are edited. 

Honored Contributor

@lainey1 Didn't the women take something from the e-cigarette filters to make tattoos? They do so many things I've lost track lol. They do strange things like smoking coffee grounds, but I do know they have real drugs inside the jail as well. I feel Shari should have opted out too. It's obvious that she slid a note under the door. Being in jail is definitely taking a toll on these participants. It seems most of the men's changes aren't very positive. At least this season that is. Well a few are still hanging in there. I guess time will tell if Brian continues acting the way he does. He may have received a bad edit.