Trusted Contributor

Re: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 6/27/2015!!!

@gardenman wrote:

Well, what do you know? The designers of the new forum are stupid enough to let you change the title after replies have been posted. I've now changed the title for today's thread.  

As a general rule, sane forum developers won't let you change a title after there's been a post to avoid chaos, but whoever developed this forum apparently hasn't learned that lesson.

Why is that important? Suppose there was a thread initially titled 'Do you love your mate?' The thread then asks for a yes or no answer only. After multiple people have responded the original poster can then come back and change that original question to something different like, 'Have you ever been a prostitute?' and anyone coming along to read that thread would assume that everyone who answered 'yes' was responding to that question. Allowing people to change the thread title after someone's responded is generally a very bad idea.

@gardenman wrote:

Well, what do you know? The designers of the new forum are stupid enough to let you change the title after replies have been posted. I've now changed the title for today's thread.  

As a general rule, sane forum developers won't let you change a title after there's been a post to avoid chaos, but whoever developed this forum apparently hasn't learned that lesson.

Why is that important? Suppose there was a thread initially titled 'Do you love your mate?' The thread then asks for a yes or no answer only. After multiple people have responded the original poster can then come back and change that original question to something different like, 'Have you ever been a prostitute?' and anyone coming along to read that thread would assume that everyone who answered 'yes' was responding to that question. Allowing people to change the thread title after someone's responded is generally a very bad idea.

I could not stop laughing when I read the last paragraph - can't find an emoticon I wanted to use here.  This really tickled my funny bone and that is certainly an excellent example of not allowing this type of change.  

Read a bit on jokers last night and watched BBAD.  These people are a mess.  I've lost track of how many alliances there are - the train has come off the track.  Too many people playing hard too soon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 6/27/2015!!!

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before the houseguests realize Audrey is in an alliance with everyone. That can really help a player survive as long as the rest of the house doesn't start comparing notes. If they start comparing notes then it can quickly make you a big, big target. And I'm pretty sure Audrey is allied with everyone including the fish at this point.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: 6/27/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Is there anyone who is just playing cool and not getting into alliances?  I would tend to pull for that person.  I think jumping into so many alliances hurts you eventually because no one feels they can trust you.

I tried to stay awake to watch BBAD last night but only made it until 11:00 PM, so I missed it.

I am wondering how everyone perceives James, the guy from SC?  From the little that I have seen (just the 2 CBS shows), it would seem that he and Clay are the ones who will be good at athletic challenges. 

Thanks as always Gardenman for your updates, I look forward to them.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the update gardenman.  I love BB but even more than watching it on tv I love reading your updates and about your behind the scenes knowledge.  I don't get the feeds so rely on you and others for the scoups.

I don't post here much but believe me, I catch your daily updates.  You have a wonderful writing ability.

Right now there are so many players that I'm having a heck of a time keeping them straight (without looking them up).  Your descriptions  in your updates helps allot.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Here is the link to get updated information on Big Brother    http://www.jokersupdates.com/

Respected Contributor

I hope that by me giving you the link that we will continue to talk about the show. I have been watching Big Brother since it first started. There is also a link that you can watch the show on the computer for free but I haven't found it yet. Last year someone gave it to me but this year it doesn't work. If I find it out I will let you know. My question is why do they still keep that house? It has been 17yrs they have used the house. Once I saw BB in UK on the computer, the house was beautiful. Please give them a dishwasher & a washer/dryer inside the house. LOL

Valued Contributor

Hi Gardenman!  I was hoping I would find your updates. As always, thank you! I hope to stop in as ofetn as possible. I'm not sure about this new cast except I do not like Jace or "Judas". Blech!

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I hope that by me giving you the link that we will continue to talk about the show. I have been watching Big Brother since it first started. There is also a link that you can watch the show on the computer for free but I haven't found it yet. Last year someone gave it to me but this year it doesn't work. If I find it out I will let you know. My question is why do they still keep that house? It has been 17yrs they have used the house. Once I saw BB in UK on the computer, the house was beautiful. Please give them a dishwasher & a washer/dryer inside the house. LOL

We refer to Jokers on here all of the time and have for years so you can talk about Jokers all you want. Pretty much every fan (including me) goes there on a routine basis. I even post there on occasion.

It hasn't been the exact same house each year. The first five years it was totally different. It was a one story house and pretty small. Then in season 6 they rebuilt it into what you see today. They did add the skybridge thingie this year, but by and large the house is kept the same other than for the decorating. I think their theory is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If I owned the franchise, I would build a new house that was built on a sectional basis where individual sections could be swapped out or moved on a whim. It wouldn't be a terribly difficult thing to do. I would also create a separate competition arena for the comps so they don't lose the backyard for days at a time. Imagine the houseguests leaving the house for a competition in the arena only to lose a luxury type comp and come back to a much more basic house than they left. Instead of a state of the art kitchen they'd find a much rattier, worn kitchen with less than impresive appliances. You could move a bathroom in the middle of the night, maybe eight feet down the hall one day or to a completely different place another day. You could drive the poor houseguests a little nuts with that type of house design.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

KKali!!! Long time no see! Nice to have you join us.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Since it doesn't look like DaVonne is going to recognize Vanessa, I wonder whether Jackie will. Jackie lists her occupation as professional dancer in Las Vegas where Vanessa lives and plays. Would it be likely that they have crossed paths? Just an observation!