Esteemed Contributor

I loved the other 2 so looking forward to this 3rd one!  I feel Christian Grey(Jamie Dorian)  is so very handsome😍

Respected Contributor

Why would anyone be embarassed?  Are you afraid you might run into people you know seeing the same movie?  And if so, no big deal.

I never read the books, never planned on it, but when the first movie came out during a free HBO preview I DVR'd it to see what the hype was.  I liked the story line, but yes, there was a LOT of nekked. I liked the story so much I went on to read the series, and am waiting for the movies to be free again to watch.  I fast forwarded through "the scenes" because I don't care about that part of it. Not my thing, but I like the story line.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I wouldn't be embarrassed to go.  I'm not going because I thought the movie was so so.  When it comes to TV, I'll probably watch it.

Years ago a coworker set me up on a blind date with a guy that worked with her husband.  Little did I know what she had planned for the night.  We went to an x rated movie.  When the date took me home, he walked me to the door and shook my hand.  There was no second date.  I think he was too embarrassed.  😁

I would have been furious at her!  Definitely not the type of thing to do on a first date, and I would have spoken up to choose a different film.  I had something similar happen to me.  Went on a date with my friend and her husband to the drive-in, they chose the movie and it was X-rated.  Grrrr!  We road with them so it's not like we could have left. What is with people?!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I wouldn't be embarrassed to go.  I'm not going because I thought the movie was so so.  When it comes to TV, I'll probably watch it.

Years ago a coworker set me up on a blind date with a guy that worked with her husband.  Little did I know what she had planned for the night.  We went to an x rated movie.  When the date took me home, he walked me to the door and shook my hand.  There was no second date.  I think he was too embarrassed.  😁

I would have been furious at her!  Definitely not the type of thing to do on a first date, and I would have spoken up to choose a different film.  I had something similar happen to me.  Went on a date with my friend and her husband to the drive-in, they chose the movie and it was X-rated.  Grrrr!  We road with them so it's not like we could have left. What is with people?!

@RainyDayGal  Many years ago the same thing happened to me. Only it was on a double date. My friend and I were so mad at the guys that took us. We made them leave. We were pretty young, but it's still creepy and not right unless all parties consent.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I wouldn't be embarrassed. People are a lot more open now. I doubt they'd notice you going in there or care. Go for it.

@colliemom4

I also find it rather difficult to believe that a grown woman would be embarrassed to go to an R rated movie.   At any given time, at least a third of movies in theaters are R rated ... no big deal.   

Honored Contributor

I saw them in the movie theatre.  I'll probably see this one there too.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Did a “drive by” at movie theatre yesterday when it started...lots of folks wearing hoodies. 😝

@Shanus.   LOL, too funny.  Get your hoodie on and go to a weekday matinee.  You could even get away with wearing a face mask due to flu.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

There reallly is no reason to feel embarrassed to see it at a theater, everyone else in there is watching it too...

I remember thinking, “ Seriously?...”, but then saw them both... 

I mean these days, just look at some of the stuff that is on some of weekly TV shows... a lot is just not left to one’s imagination it seems anymore...

Just a different kind of story line... really though, I actually thought it was pretty good.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I tried to watch the original for free on Amazon, couldn't even make it through half of it. Not because of the content, but because of how bad the movie was. Jamie Dornan is nice to look at, but that's not enough for me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I was not embarrased to go.  I saw the first 2.  I will see the third.  I think the s#x part is so silly but I like the love story. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"