Trusted Contributor

4/5: Season 5 of Better Call Saul (AMC) has been delayed to 2020.

Bummer!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4/5: Season 5 of Better Call Saul (AMC) has been delayed to 2020.

Really? Boy I’m going to forget all of it. Geez that’s a bummer. 

Trusted Contributor

@godi wrote:

Really? Boy I’m going to forget all of it. Geez that’s a bummer. 

The series is available on Netflix if you subscribe

Honored Contributor

If it doesn't come back until 2020 I doubt that I'll continue watching it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The audience has already been asked to suspend belief.  The characters are in a prequel, Breaking Bad has been off the air for several years and we are still expected to watch these actors -- who are not getting any younger -- continue to stretch this series out until...

Until they're all using walkers to get around Albuquerque?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Update from local news:

The New Mexico State Film Office announced Monday the AMC-TV series will begin principal photography on another season this month in Albuquerque.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The hold up is the decision to make a Breaking Bad movie with Jessie returning as the main character.  There is an issue with character storylines holding everything up.

Unless Walter White is dug up and brought to "pet semetary" I really don't see how a sequel movie is going to work, especially since Jessie left the business.

How would this work??   Jessie marries Skylar?  WW Jr. decides to "break bad" himself?  What about Hank's wife??  Gus is dead. Mike is dead. 

Even in Better Call Saul -Mike is beginning to look like death warmed over.

It was time to wrap up Saul, imo.  Once he turns himself into Saul and discards his Jimmy persona, it's really the end of the whole series.  We don't need a whole season watching him running game for Gus.

AMC needs to let both BB and BCS go. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So it looks like this is a vehicle for Aaron Paul.  The film will premiere on Netflix, then air on AMC.  No doubt it will coincide with (hopefully) the end of Better Call Saul.

Is this project really necessary?

Breaking Bad ended so well -- can't we just be satisfied with that?  Anyone who followed the series probably concocted their own ending for Jesse. 

Will this ending be any better than what we have already imagined?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

So it looks like this is a vehicle for Aaron Paul.  The film will premiere on Netflix, then air on AMC.  No doubt it will coincide with (hopefully) the end of Better Call Saul.

Is this project really necessary?

Breaking Bad ended so well -- can't we just be satisfied with that?  Anyone who followed the series probably concocted their own ending for Jesse. 

Will this ending be any better than what we have already imagined?

@just bee   Jesse was such a fan fave that VInce is probably banking on that-although Vince is an excellent script writer anyway.

I always felt that BB was really about Jesse; the drugs and Walter, yes, but it was Jesse's character who always tied all the story lines together.

Everything that happened always had a tie to Jesse. Considering he was supposed to be killed off in the first season.  I don't think Vince had expected Jesse to be as popular as he became.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

A little trivia:

The Cinnabon where Saul Goodman worked has closed at Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque.

The end of an era.