Trusted Contributor

Re: 31 Days of Oscar Starts Friday 2/1 on TMC

Thanks!  I saved it to my desktop.

I started a few hours early.  Just watched the original version of A Star is Born.  Now I've seen all the versions.

Respected Contributor

Nothing from the last 25 years or so?  I've seen a lot of those on the list but have no interest in seeing any of them again.   Some I've seen multiple times.    

However, I haven't gone to the movies much in the last decade so would like to see some more recent Oscar winners.   Why don't they show them?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Loved the way TCM grouped them into categories,

I'm sure to record 1 or 2...maybe 3...no, wait 4...OK, a lot of them,  LOL.

Thank you, Pearley!

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Nothing from the last 25 years or so?  I've seen a lot of those on the list but have no interest in seeing any of them again.   Some I've seen multiple times.    

However, I haven't gone to the movies much in the last decade so would like to see some more recent Oscar winners.   Why don't they show them?

TCM stands for Turner Classic Movies. They do show more current movies generally late at night. If you want current movies there are many other movie channels. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@dooBdoo  I always look forward to 31 days of Oscar -- such great films are shown, many that I'm willing to watch over and over, and many that I haven't seen in a long time.

It's nice to have that month of great films shown, because it's certainly during "indoor weather" here in the midwest -- i.e. the real doldrums of winter!

I agree with everything you said, @Pearlee!   Not as cold as in your “neck of the woods” but here in the southeast it’s very chilly, and nice to stay inside and cozy up to the warmth of good movies! 😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Loved the way TCM grouped them into categories,

I'm sure to record 1 or 2...maybe 3...no, wait 4...OK, a lot of them,  LOL.

Thank you, Pearley!

@denisemb  Each year TCM comes up with a different theme for how to show them.  I like the way the station grouped them this year also (some schemes are better than others through the years I've watched it).

Respected Contributor

Show Boat was a real tearjerker!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some really good ones on Sunday 2/3

10:30 a.m. Marty

4:30 p.m. Dr. Zhivago although I'm not sure I want to watch snow on TV with all we have

10:30 p.m. Funny Girl

3:15 a.m. Monday Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee,

Also Enchanted Cottage (8:45a) and my all time favorite, Wuthering Heights (12:15p), with Merle Oberon.  I never tire of the original.

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@Pearlee,

Also Enchanted Cottage (8:45a) and my all time favorite, Wuthering Heights (12:15p), with Merle Oberon.  I never tire of the original.

@roeroe1005  Interesting because I never could really "get into" that Wuthering Heights - not sure why.