Respected Contributor

3 Jack Lemmon Movies On Today

On the MOVIES channel.

Honored Contributor

Re: 3 Jack Lemmon Movies On Today

He was such a delightful and elegant actor.  I admired that his marriage to Felicia Farr withstood the challenges of matrimony in Hollywood.

He slew me in Some Like It Hot.  So gifted.  He could play comedy and drama with equally skilled ease.

Honored Contributor

Great actor!    I especially loved Days of Wine and Roses.  He and Lee Remick were just brilliant.  Not a happy pic, to be sure, but a really great movie.

My father was friends with him and one of my fav pics of my father is one of him with Jack Lemmon on the golf course.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I've seen this numerous times, and it is heart-wrenching.

It so troubled me I could no longer watch.

But the acting is superb.

How neat your Dad was friends with him. 

If you've never seen Bagger Vance, you must watch it....Jack portrays the young boy that caddies for Bagger.  Then, appears at the end.  It's a small roll in many ways, but touching.

Respected Contributor

The Days of Wine and Roses is an excetional movie. So great.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@chickenbutt 

I've seen this numerous times, and it is heart-wrenching.

It so troubled me I could no longer watch.

But the acting is superb.

How neat your Dad was friends with him. 

If you've never seen Bagger Vance, you must watch it....Jack portrays the young boy that caddies for Bagger.  Then, appears at the end.  It's a small roll in many ways, but touching.

Is that 'The Legend of Bagger Vance' from 1980?  If so, I found that one on Prime.  I cannot devote the 2 hours right now but have saved it to watch later on, as I have not seen it.   Thanks  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I had the most gigantic crush on Jack Lemmon when I was about 12-13, I guess.  It was unusual at that time, because if I had followed the norm I would have had a crush on some teenage idol, like Frankie Avalon, or Fabian.

But no, Jack Lemmon stole my heart.  What happened was that I saw The Apartment with Shirley MacClaine and I just loved how cute he was with her in that movie.  Around the same time, I saw him in an earlier movie, My Sister Eileen, on TV in which he played the handsome "leading"-type man.  Something about him really appealed to me.

Of course, over time, the crush disappeared, but I always liked him and when I would see him interviewed, he seemed like a very nice man.

I remember hearing his son Chris tell the story of how it was at his mom's funeral that he first saw his father cry, and that must have been years and years after they were divorced.  I think he had a good heart.

Respected Contributor

Fabulous actor, some favorites of mine:

Days of Wine &Roses

The Apartment 

Save the Tiger

Odd Couple

Glengarry Ross

Irma La Deuce

Some Like it Hot

Consumate actor in both drama and comedy 

Respected Contributor

He was one of my favorite actors too and I always thought he was better in dramatic roles than comedic ones.   

The Days of Wine and Roses is one of my top 5 all time favorites.  So sad but so good.  What a pair those two were.