Honored Contributor
On 3/5 TCM will present a 25 hr marathon of Kirk Douglas' movies. The 11 films will include his 1946 screen debut in The Strange Love of Martha Ivers which will kick things off at 6:00 a.m. Among the other films will be Out of the Past, Young Man With a Horn, Lust for Life, Spartacus, Paths of Glory and The Bad and the Beautiful.

A bonus feature a 2018 interview Ben M did with Michael Douglas discussing his famous dad that was done at a Live From the TCM Classic Film Festival.

Honored Contributor

Oh, that is fab-- I love the young, intense, raw Kirk especially.  He burst on the scene with "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers",  and followed it up with such charismatic roles in "Out of the Past" and "Young Man With a Horn".  The only thing that would make it more perfect would be the airing of "Mourning Becomes Electra",  but that was on relatively recently anyway...

Love his audacious, "risk-taking" approach to acting...

Honored Contributor
I'm always baffled why people post duplicate threads when there is one already started and close by, pretty hard to miss, such as this was.
Honored Contributor
Unfortunately the interview with Michael will be shown at 1:15 a.m. (I assume on 3/6).