Honored Contributor

2nd Season of Big Little Lies starts June 9th!!!!

I am so excited for this to start!!!!! Something to look forward to instead of all of the Game Shows they keep advertising. It will be interesting to see what this season will be about?

Respected Contributor

Re: 2nd Season of Big Little Lies starts June 9th!!!!

I'm sure we will watch but I don't have high hopes. The first season didn't hold a candle to the book. Maybe with a new story line it will be better.

Honored Contributor

It should be interesting to see what they've come up with.

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed season one and I’m glad for another. Great stars also. 

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

I really enjoyed season one and I’m glad for another. Great stars also. 

@godi  Me too. Great acting, beautiful scenery too.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN , thank you for posting!  I would have missed it.  LM

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Yay!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I am jealous of all of you.  Because of the conflict between Dish Network and AT&T (new owners of HBO & Cinemax) I have not had HBO since last Halloween.

Everything points to this never being settled.  When I looked into getting "HBO Now" it would have been expensive just to get that one channel.  It would have been necessary for me to pay a lot more for my AT&T internet because of using a streaming device which I never did before; plus $15 per month for HBO Now.

The bitter pill was that all of this money would be going to AT&T which I understand has been extremely unfair with Dish and there is/has been a lawsuit.  Things are getting more crazy and costly for our entertainment these days.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan . That is really too bad. I remember Spectrum going through something like that with one of the channels last year too, but it was resolved fairly quickly.......

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@LogoFan . That is really too bad. I remember Spectrum going through something like that with one of the channels last year too, but it was resolved fairly quickly.......

@CANDLEQUEEN, thanks for support.  I have actually seen this same issue with Dish Network many many times.  However, it was never because someone had taken over any of the premium channels and was usually settled within weeks with a cost increase to me.

When I researched the lawsuit on line (this is not word for word) what I read was that the Dept of Justice was standing behind Dish because AT&T wanted Dish to guarantee that they would maintain a ridiculous number of customers to keep HBO for an impossible length of time, which no Satellite Provider can guarantee.  Just bear in mind that HBO is available on Direct TV owned by AT&T, and possibly on Comcast a friend told me.

In the meantime, Dish customers have lost the best movie channel awailable in lineup.  Except for a few series I enjoy which are on showtime and starz, all I see are really old movies repeatedly and no new movies.  HBO always had a new movie every Saturday night that had just became available.  Always something to look forward to.

I have to take a look at my channel lineup and see if I should just switch to basic which is not that much cheaper than what I pay, but I would also lose some other series like Homeland, The Affair and Outlander (these series could end soon anyway though).