Honored Contributor

2ND BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL

I went to see this today. It definitely did not measure up to the first one. Has anyone else seen it?

Regular Contributor

Re: 2ND BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL

yes I saw it this week and I have movie Alzheimers I think because I didn't remember that I had seen the first one until I started recognizing all the characters. So I can't say whether the first one was better but I really enjoyed this one. Since I barely remembered the first one I didn't remember how the couples got together. Not just this movie - I usually don't remember much about movies after I've seen them. I liked how they incorporated some new characters especially Richard Gere even though the plot line for them wasn't exactly inspired. But just the joie de vivre and streets of India made it fun.

Respected Contributor

It was just a simple little movie. The young Indian actor is sooo bad and the story is lame but listen carefully to the words of wisdom sprinkled into the story.

Honored Contributor

I saw it on opening day. I was a bit disappointed. I love Richard Gere but didn't think he was a good fit.

I enjoyed the first far more.

Valued Contributor

I didn't really like the sequel. I actually dozed off for a few minutes. I thought the first one was very engaging. Not so much for #2.

Honored Contributor

I liked the first one, but this one was just not believable, plus I'm not a Richard Gere.

Honored Contributor

I meant to say I'm not a Richard Gere fan.