Respected Contributor

Re: 24 HOUR DELUXE HITCHCOCK MARATHON NOVEMBER 26

I do not have TCM channel, but do have Peacock.  Alfred Hit chock Presents and the Alfred Hitchcock Hour are all available there.  In fact I am watching one of them now!

Love his movies and the shows.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Always watch Hitchcock. He was particular---one of a kind. Love Joseph Cotton.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Mz iMac,  not only is "Shadow of a Doubt" my favorite Joseph Cotten movie,  "Shadow of a Doubt" is my favorite Hitchcock of all time, followed by "Vertigo".

@mousiegirl,  this particular marathon is of just his movies, not any of the television shows he did.  Although, that would be a really fun idea too!

@Oznell   Somehow, this left my mind after reading it, lol, of course it would be his movies.

Honored Contributor

I have the hardback book "Tales of Terror: 58 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense" by Hitchcock which I read about once a year.  The book is so old, the pages have turned brown. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My DVR is all set!  The only Hitchcock movie I never really liked was The Birds, love all the rest.

Valued Contributor

confession: I've never gotten around to watching a few of the later Hitchcock films ~ The Trouble with Harry, for example. Or Frenzy (but that's not in the marathon). Family Plot? 

I love quite a few of the rest. I remember, for some reason, getting scared out of my mind by Shadow of a Doubt ~ I know I was home & alone and it just really gave me the creeps. lol. I still bought the DVD though. 

Marnie is another of my favorites ~ the backdrops in Baltimore are so consciously strange (along with the young girls playing jump rope) ~ I know this one is problematic for a few, but I really like it. 

Esteemed Contributor

although "Marnie" isn't one of my favorites.....I did enjoy it and watch it every time it is on.

I liked Psycho.....Vertigo....and The Birds...