Respected Contributor

2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

[ Edited ]

I haven't had a chance to watch the entire show yet, but was really wowed by Dolly Parton's performance at the end of the show.  It's hard to believe she is 76!  I am a fan of all the inductees this year, so will be watching more tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Re: 2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

Dolly Parton is in the Rock and Roll Hall of fame?  This world has gone nuts. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Sooner She had withdrawn herself from the balloting because she felt she did not fit the genre but was voted in anyway.  As a result, she wrote and performed a new song called "Rockin" at the awards ceremony.  She really hit it!

Honored Contributor

I agree with Dolly.  But anything goes now days.  Maybe I can be in the baseball hall of fame now. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner You should watch her performance before you pass judgement.  I am a huge rock and roll fan and she definitely rocked it!

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Sooner You should watch her performance before you pass judgement.  I am a huge rock and roll fan and she definitely rocked it!

@Linmo Nope.  She does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Sorry, but she isn't a Rock and Roll star.  Never was. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner To each his own.  But I think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has broadened into more music genres than just rock and roll.  Lionel Richie was also a recipient this year and is definitely not a rock and roll guy.  But his musical contributions are enomous.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Sooner To each his own.  But I think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has broadened into more music genres than just rock and roll.  Lionel Richie was also a recipient this year and is definitely not a rock and roll guy.  But his musical contributions are enomous.

@Linmo So they should change the name.  Makes no sense and means nothing otherwise.  It's apples and oranges.  Not apples.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner No argument with you on that.  It is a prestigious honor given to artists, many who are seniors by now.  For me, it's nice to watch the entire music community come together, no matter what genre, to honor the inductees.

Honored Contributor

Oh no how could I have missed that! Dolly is my no one favorite singer! I'll see if I can watch it again on Youtbe tv. I do see it online.

Isn't she just so amazing?! And all the great things she does too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"