Honored Contributor

The nominees were announced today ( you can find the full list online). Most of the nominations are from various streaming platforms  and cable stations. I think just SNL and Abbott Elementary were nominated from network television. Network tv is a dinosaur, the quality isn't there, they are under more restrictions than the other shows, networks shouldn't even bother, their time has passed. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  Thank you. I did not know they were out. One I do not understand is Pam and Tommy. I tried to watch I just did not like it.  

a lot of great nominations.  I will be rooting for Julia Garner and Michael Keaton. 

Respected Contributor

Two of my favorite shows Ted Lasso and Barry have been nominated for quite a few categories. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy both "Abbott Elementary" and "What We Do in the Shadows" .  Hoping "Better Call Saul" wins a few awards.

Honored Contributor

I won't be watching. This is Us, in an amazing last season, was not nominated. AND Mandy Moore, for her outstanding performance as "Rebecca," was robbed IMO!  

It seems the drama shows nominated are all on streaming services. The lead actress nominees seem to be too.

I'm so disappointed.   Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I enjoy both "Abbott Elementary" and "What We Do in the Shadows" .  Hoping "Better Call Saul" wins a few awards.

@deepwaterdotter I don't know if your aware but What We Do In The Shadows is new tonight, I believe two back to back episodes. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

The nominees were announced today ( you can find the full list online). Most of the nominations are from various streaming platforms  and cable stations. I think just SNL and Abbott Elementary were nominated from network television. Network tv is a dinosaur, the quality isn't there, they are under more restrictions than the other shows, networks shouldn't even bother, their time has passed. 

@Jordan2 I don't see the kwap on streaming is better.  I don't bother with it either.  

Honored Contributor

Two of my favorite shows got recognized:

Only Murders in the Building got a total of 17 nominations.

Abbott Elementary received 7 nominations.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 Network TV may be a dinosaur,but we cannot stream. 

We have satellite but only really care for 2 channels. Hubbs likes the History channel and I am a TCM fan.

We think SNL is not so good any more and what used to be a Saturday night thingie is no more.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I would like to view "Only Murders in the Building".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man