Honored Contributor

This is Us Final Season was robbed as was Mandy Moore! Also Yellowstone and Kevin Costner!

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

Two of my favorite shows Ted Lasso and Barry have been nominated for quite a few categories. 

@ninjawife 

I just saw the 60 Minutes story about Ted Lasso.  Never heard of it ... what network is it on?  I have Spectrum cable, and did a search for Ted Lasso, and nothing came up.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

Two of my favorite shows Ted Lasso and Barry have been nominated for quite a few categories. 

@ninjawife 

I just saw the 60 Minutes story about Ted Lasso.  Never heard of it ... what network is it on?  I have Spectrum cable, and did a search for Ted Lasso, and nothing came up.

@Tinkrbl44 Ted Lasso is on Apple + 

Honored Contributor

Re: 2022 Emmy Nominations

[ Edited ]

The networks have become 'also rans'. They're archaic and so, really, are the Emmys. The fact is they've become irrelevant when the overall quality of television is so mediocre and when there is so little commonality around what people are watching. Yes, there are lots of choices and lots of them are still not very good, and are not accessible, for whatever reason, to a significant portion of the viewing audience. Award shows used to be 'must' viewing. They were fun and folks could pull for their favorite shows and actors. Though still an option the overall tenor changes when many viewers have never seen most of the shows and the nominated actors are often somewhat obscure, at best.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  These awards are archaic as you say. Times have changed 100% since these awards were relevant.  They have served their purpose and will soon go by the wayside. No need for anyone to watch or care anymore.