Re: 'Elvis' movie official trailer

Just WOW!!!!   ThankYou-smiley.gif@feline groovy 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Totally agree!   

And that look he gives Hanks in one scene just chokes you up.

Honored Contributor

Re: 'Elvis' movie official trailers

A poignant-yet-hopeful post from a young YouTube commenter after seeing the trailers:

I'm 14 growing up in the 2000s.  I missed everything.  Hopefully this movie will teach other people my age about real music and it will harvest even more elvis fans for generations to come.

Woman HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

see the movie on June 21st at the Early Access Fan Event:

https://elvis.warnerbros.com/earlyaccessfanevent/

Honored Contributor

I've been hoping to see this.  I don't go to movie theaters, but I do have HBO Max, so yay!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: * 2022 'Elvis' movie: trailers & stuff *

@Mz iMac , etc:

2019 pre-production test of Austin Butler singing "That's Alright (Mama)"... raw talent for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HkMeHc8qPY

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy   WOW!!!  He's the whole package.  That's rare in the movie industry.  The only other "whole package" actor I can think of at the moment is Jamie Foxx  who played Ray Charles in the movie Ray.  JF sounded/talked like RC, moved around like RC,  & he actually played the piano.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac :  excellent points and ITA! 

And, like Jamie,  AB also plays the piano.

So stoked for this film and glad it will also be on HBO Max and then for sale on DVD and Blu-ray.

Honored Contributor

The first movie to get me in a movie theater since the pandemic. I plan to go the  Tuesday after the opening -- $5  movie day and I'll go to s matinee and sit socially distanced, wearing a mask.

Honored Contributor

I just watched this movie.  I always loved Elvis and so I had to see it.  I was skeptical of the young actor who was to play him.  I had never heard of him before, nor seen him act in anything.

Oh, my goodness!!!!!  I thought he was AHHHmazing!!!!!  At times I thought I was watching Elvis!  I thought he did an absolutely fantastic job!!!

If all or most of what was portrayed in this film was true, how terribly sad.  I found so much of the film to be overwhelmingly sad.  If true, that Parker man was really evil and just a terrible person.  

I remember thinking back when I saw how Elvis was going down hill --- I was so sad and I remembered thinking --- why doesn't anybody do anything?  Why doesn't anybody stop this --- why doesn't anybody help him????  To see him in such horrible condition just broke my heart!

And then we flash forward many, many years to the tragedy of Michael Jackson!

Honestly, though, I felt that this young man did such a fantastic job at portraying Elvis.  He had to have really worked very, very hard to get his moves and actions and nuances down the way he did.  

While I was watching, when they showed different scenes with Lisa Marie as a baby and little girl, oh, boy, that just tore at my heart strings!  

So much tragedy!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin