Respected Contributor

2021 Kennedy Center Honors

[ Edited ]

It's one of television's true highlights, IMHO.  The Kennedy Center Honors will be aired this Sunday, June 6, 8 PM on CBS. 

Honorees are Garth Brooks, Debbie Allen, Joan Baez, D(ick) Van D(yke) and Midori.  Performers will be Derek Hough, Vanessa Hudgens, Pentatonix, Gladys Knight, Emmylou Harris, Jimmie Allen and Yo-Yo Ma.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: 2021 Kennedy Center Honors

Earlier I saw an article on Yahoo where Kelly Clarkson honored Garth Brooks by singing The Dance at the Kennedy Center Honors.

here

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG  I will be watching.  While they are all worthy nominees, all I needed to hear was D i c k  Van  D y k e  and I was sold.  🐧❤👏📺🎬

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Earlier I saw an article on Yahoo where Kelly Clarkson honored Garth Brooks by singing The Dance at the Kennedy Center Honors.

here

This is a must watch @lulu1  It's such an incredible song and Kelly is the perfect choice to perform it as it means so much to her too.  

Honored Contributor

I always look forward to this show, I would watch with my deceased mother. I recall it was always aired around December 28 or so, but was filmed a good 6 weeks or so earlier. 

Honored Contributor

Reminder for tonite, enjoy !!!

Honored Contributor

I watched, and thorughly enjoyed it! I loved all of the tributes, especially Debbie Allen's and Garth Brooks! But they all were fantastic. Midori is so talented-Wow!!!****** Van D looks terrific too,loved that Julie Andrews gave him a tribute! Another excellent show!

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

here

This is a must watch @lulu1  It's such an incredible song and Kelly is the perfect choice to perform it as it means so much to her too.  

I've heard this song a million times.  Kelly slowed it down and sang it with such feeling, it was a very emotional rendition.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My faves were DVD and Debbie Allen. 

Respected Contributor

That really busty gal in the lilac gown who was sitting by DVD (wife, maybe?) didn't look very comfortable to me.