Esteemed Contributor

2020 In Barbara Walters Voice

We are what ten days in and for me a very interesting year so far. I have enjoyed Ricky Gervais going against grain, of course the royal soap opera, new seasons of tv shows coming back, Tom Hanks becoming the first viral meme of the year, a true crime case out of Connecticut where the husband has finally been arrested to only get out on a six million bail a day later. I am very sad about the Australian fires only to learn man had set them. But yeah so far an interesting year. Numerologist said it was going to be a year to remember. Anyone else?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Re: 2020 In Barbara Walters Voice

And just where is Barbara Walters? She complletely disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

And just where is Barbara Walters? She complletely disappeared.

@CLHS68   HI - I read somewhere that she is not in good shape.  She stays in her apartment and sits in a wheelchair because she is afraid she will fall.  When the gals from The View call her, she doesn't remember who they are.  I think Joy spoke about it on one of the late night shows a few weeks ago.  Can't remember which one.  So sad..........

Honored Contributor

I like your little capsule summary, @Nancy Drew !   Although I haven't much to report so far, hoping for good things from 2020.

Respected Contributor

Barbara Walters has advanced Alzheimer's. There have been many accounts over the last few years of her cognitive decline.

That's why she's disappeared from view. If anyone doubts that, what would have been her uncharacteristic silence after the death of Barbara Bush, confirmed it. She and Mrs. Bush sat for so many interviews over the years, they could have been friends.

What worries you masters you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow!  Bless her.  Barbara is such an icon!

Honored Contributor

How said to hear. I always enjoyed listening to her interviews over the years. She paved the way for women in news journalism that is for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew 

Sorry, but I'm not following you .... what does BW's voice have to do with your post?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

Sorry, but I'm not following you .... what does BW's voice have to do with your post?

I was really talking about the new year but everyone is saying the new year in BW voice on tv shows. Just thought I would join in. This thread became interesting because I didn't know BW was declining in health.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • If you remember when BW co-hosted the ABC newsmagazine, 20/20, you'll also remember she carefully enunciated the Ts: "This is TwenTy TwenTy." She was always good-naturedly ribbed about it (and would surely have been up for more ribbing, if she weren't in a state of decline), so with the new year, 2020, we're hearing a lot about Barbara Walters and how she might have said the year.

What worries you masters you.