Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News

Paris Wine & Romance was pretty good.

I still have to watch Love Takes Flight.

I'm re-watching the first 3 episods of WCTH so I can remember where they heck we left off.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

looks like jodie sweetin may be on the way to becoming a "hallmark favorite" pretty soon.

Hallmark Christmas Movie for the 2019 Holiday Season - "Merry & Bright," starring Andrew Walker ("Bottled with Love") and Jodie Sweetin ("Love Under the Rainbow")!

According to ETonline, this is the storyline: "The upcoming film kicks off when Cate (Sweetin), CEO of the Merry & Bright Candy Cane Company, meets Gabe (Walker) during the busy Christmas season. She assumes Gabe is the suitor her well-meaning mother is trying to set her up with when in reality, he works for Empire Corporate Recovery, which has been hired to take a closer look at Merry & Bright's operation and find ways to make the company more profitable. As Cate and Gabe begin to work together, they find ways to elevate the business and find that they have more in common than savvy business sense."

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2019/05/andrew-walker-jodie-sweetin-to-star-in-hallmark-chris...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm re-watching the first 3 episods of WCTH so I can remember where they heck we left off.

I really enjoyed Love Takes Flight.   I think it was one of the better Hallmark movies.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I really enjoyed Love Takes Flight.   I think it was one of the better Hallmark movies.

The Hallmark Hall of Fame movies tend to be better due to being based on books or more budget for better scripts and talent.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm caught up on WCTH.  Where it ended makes it very easy for them to lose Lori one way or another.  At this point, she really didn't have a storyline.  It looked like from the previews at the time that she might have been moving into a love triangle with Henry and the Saloon owner.

They can certainly send her off on Mayor business for a while.  Then they have 2 options:  (1) she stays where she is and sends for Cody; (2) she dies in a stage coach accident and Cody stays.

Cody can easily be adopted by Lee and Rosemary.  Lee has said that Cody reminds him of his brother who died as a child.  We see in the previews that perhaps Lee and Rosemary are having trouble having children.  I think the point of that was to introduce the orphanage and kick off the new show show on Hallmark Movies Now, When Hope Calls.

The previews also suggest Bill is going to be a judge somewhere.  My guess is he will be in When Hope Calls.  An orphanage is going to need a judge, and that show is doing to need some star power, so I can see that happening.  I also think the old saloon owner is going to be in that show because he went to live with his mother.  There was a lot of discussion of Benson Hills by everyone in the Christmas movie and when the saloon owner left.

Who will be the new mayor?  It would be interesting to see Henry in charge again and not be crooked.  I can't see them making Elizabeth mayor, but you never know.

Rosemary as mayor would be hilarious.

Who takes over the cafe?  Do they need to keep it?  Or bring in a new person to own it.

So many possibilities.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Erin Krakow will post all the cast she's with tonight after the show.

Spoiler
Spoiler
I think they were smart not to kill her off.  They barely survived one death so they probably didn't want to go through that again.  Lol. I feel bad for the actor Cody because he should not loss his job over ythis.
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My 8th Hallmark Channel USA Christmas movie is underway!!! I’m currently filming “Christmas Town,” and I already can’t wait for you guys to see it! My Christmas countdown begins now. 🎄❄️🎅🏼🤶🏼.
#231DaysUntilChristmas #Hallmark #Christmas

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was just coming here to post that, too.

It makes sense.  She's been on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries for the last few years, so I'm glad to see her back on Hallmark Channel for the anniversary.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Love takes flight was a good one. I think that Jodie Sweetin does a good job too so I look forward to her making more movies.  I really like Candace in the romantic movies as well as her mystery movies.  Hope they make more.

Esteemed Contributor

I also like Jodie S.

I like Lacey C., but she usually has the same look on her face -- the half smile - along with a look that says, "Yes, I know I'm wonderful and you all love me."