Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News

[ Edited ]

I guess I'm just done. Maybe I OD'ed on Hallmark pre-holidays, but I just can't watch their movies anymore and, with the possible exception of the Chenoweth movie, none of what they have on the horizon interests me at all.

Alison Sweeney is all right, but not someone I'll be waiting with bated breath to see in yet another mystery series. Lacey Chabert and Brennan Elliot YET again. Really... No. Just. No. And The Pena Vegas? No thanks... I literally laughed out loud at the 'due to the success' thing as related to another Blake Shelton Christmas movie, as the last one was just dreadful and among the worst they showed (over and over and over) last holiday season...

The Teagarden movies are all right so I might take a look, though at this point I believe, but could be wrong, they've exhausted all the books upon which these were loosely based, so assume the Hallmark writers will be coming up with the new mysteries...

I tried to watch one of the new movies last night and lasted about ten minutes before turning over to something else... I just couldn't hack another retelling of essentially the same story featuring some of the same actors seen time and time again...    

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I haven't read this entire thread so apologies if this is repeating something on it. But in my new People magazine, there is an article about Susan Lucci and it mentions that a HM&M Channel series with her is in the works.

Honored Contributor

I have not liked any of the Winterfest Movies and so far I am not liking any of the Countdown to Valentine's Day movies.

I am not a fan of any of the sequel movies at all.  

I am still holding out hope that they will make a sequel of one I actually liked.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I was really disappointed in "Valentine In The Vineyard".     I really enjoyed the other two, "Summer In The Vineyard" and Autumn In The Vineyard" but this one was just not even comparable to the other two.   The lead actress seemed very downbeat and had an almost constant frown on her face.   I know the movie was supposed to be happy but I felt it had a depressing note to it.   

I also disliked last night's movie "The Story Of Us".   Why did they pair the two lead performers together?    I felt they had zero chemistry as a couple.  The movie seemed to go on and on and I couldn't wait for it to end.  

I know the pairing of Brennan Elliott and Lacey Chabert is not everyone's favorite couple but I think they work very well together.  I have enjoyed every movie they have been in.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

All of the above and still nothing about a new Jesse Stone movie. I'll continue to wait...

i'd love a new jesse stone movie. in the past, i think they have always aired on CBS first and then to hallmark. do you think they will ever do a new one?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tom Selleck signed a two picture deal with Hallmark to develop new Jesse Stone movies.

One already aired a couple of years ago (2015) called Lost in Paradise.

I couldn't get through the first 10 minutes of it because they spent so much time introducing everyone in the story as if nobody ever saw any of the other movies.

The second movie is untitled and not yet produced.  The IMBd database shows it being "announced" only.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

@Tique wrote:

All of the above and still nothing about a new Jesse Stone movie. I'll continue to wait...

i'd love a new jesse stone movie. in the past, i think they have always aired on CBS first and then to hallmark. do you think they will ever do a new one?

@10sluvr   the quote below was posted in a Hallmark Mystery Channel thread in June of last year. Last thing I've heard. I've enjoyed every JS movies that was shown on HM&M - some more than others of course.

@AuntG wrote:

@Tique, Tom Selleck is on the cover of TV Guide, and the article says he is working on a new Jesse Stone movie for Hallmark. I wish they would do a Christmas mystery that would be the exact opposite of those perky movies they churn out for the holidays.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@10sluvr

Did you miss "When Calls the Heart: The Greatest Christmas Blessing"? Catch up with an encore airing on Thursday Feb 14 9pm/8c, only on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries!

Hopefully you get HMM.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@10sluvr

Did you miss "When Calls the Heart: The Greatest Christmas Blessing"? Catch up with an encore airing on Thursday Feb 14 9pm/8c, only on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries!

Hopefully you get HMM.

@VaBelle35

thought that this was a one time thing for thursday, but looks like it is going on for the entire year on HMM (similar to what they are doing on HC on friday nights.)

via facebook

Big news! We're airing Christmas favorites every Thursday night at 9pm/8c starting with an encore presentation of "When Calls The Heart: The Greatest Christmas Blessing."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thanks @sunshine45

There's no place to hide from Christmas ;o)

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN