Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

What did you think of the new mysteries?

Ruby Herring

Mystery 101

@Daisy Sunflower I think I posted somewhere, but who knows where... For me, Ruby was all right, nothing special... Lame dialog, mediocre acting, the usual bland casting for the most part, but not flat out bad either... I didn't watch 101, not a fan of either of them, especially Polaha or whatever his name is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

The guy playing Ruby's dad looks too young for the part. I looked it up and he's only 19 years older than the girl who plays Ruby.

I laughed when Ruby's mom stood up from the table and told the detective that Ruby could use some help with the treat bags. Seriously?

Wasn't too thrilled with either one of them, but I'll keep watching. Maybe the next shows will be better -- and the acting will have improved. lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

The guy playing Ruby's dad looks too young for the part. I looked it up and he's only 19 years older than the girl who plays Ruby.

I laughed when Ruby's mom stood up from the table and told the detective that Ruby could use some help with the treat bags. Seriously?

Wasn't too thrilled with either one of them, but I'll keep watching. Maybe the next shows will be better -- and the acting will have improved. lol

@Daisy Sunflower, a bit of trivia, IRL he is (or was for a number of years) her stepdad.

Valued Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower, a bit of trivia, IRL he is (or was for a number of years) her stepdad.

19 is young, but plenty of young men have become dads at that age. And yes, he is Taylor’s stepdad in real life. (He encouraged her to audition for Summerland.)

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

He still is her stepdad.  I saw them on Home & Family together.  I thought he looked too young to be her father, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn Christian, Ruby's dad, has been a soap staple for years... A real hunk, in his prime, and still not bad looking... I thought he was one of the bright spots (and better actors) on this one... Frankly, would be good to see more of him and less of some of the others...I thought the mom looked and seemed too old for the dad... Go figure

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Shawn Christian, Ruby's dad, has been a soap staple for years... A real hunk, in his prime, and still not bad looking... I thought he was one of the bright spots (and better actors) on this one... Frankly, would be good to see more of him and less of some of the others...I thought the mom looked and seemed too old for the dad... Go figure

@stevieb  I think Shawn Christian is really nice looking, too, and a good actor.  I just thought he looked awfully young to be her father.  It didn't bother me though.  I agree that the mom looked too old for the dad.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack Agree with you, especially juxtaposed against the 'mom', he seemed positively youthful... Before the roles were clear, I was sort of hoping he would be a friend of the family or something rather than her father...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I thought the mom looked and seemed too old for the dad... Go figure

Right? She looked more like his mom. Not a good match.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I thought the mom looked and seemed too old for the dad... Go figure

Right? She looked more like his mom. Not a good match.

Smiley Very Happy Agree... If they plan to keep the family in episodes down the road, they should consider recasting mom...