Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News

January gives us new "limited mystery series" 

Ruby Herring Mysteries:  Silent Witness starring Taylor Cole (now as a redhead)

Mystery 101 starring Jill Wagner and Kristoffer Polaha.

@Pearlee

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

We're also getting the Crossword Mysteries (or something like that) with Brennan Elliott and Lacey Chabert.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These new mysteries will be non-starters for me... Don't care for Polaha and cannot abide Chabert or especially Elliot... The two of them together is just the stuff nightmares are made of... He just completely creeps me out... I wish Hallmark would start casting some different actors...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I’ve been watching less of the Christmas movies and thus haven’t seen the advertisements answering my question ... when do the channels go back to their regular schedules? Really miss watching some Jessica Fletcher before I fall asleep! (Not to mention the Monk and Psych weekend marathons.). Thanks in advance!!
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I’ve been watching less of the Christmas movies and thus haven’t seen the advertisements answering my question ... when do the channels go back to their regular schedules? Really miss watching some Jessica Fletcher before I fall asleep! (Not to mention the Monk and Psych weekend marathons.). Thanks in advance!!

Thats what I am asking as well.  I am hoping Jan. 2nd?

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Alter Ego  @sunshine 919   Hallmark's regular programming resumes Sunday, January 6th. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries returns to their regular schedule on Monday, January 7th.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot about this until I saw the promo tonight:

Crown Media Family Networks' first-ever streaming series, "When Hope Calls" (wt), is in development to premiere in 2019 on the company's SVOD subscription service, Hallmark Movies Now. The series is spawned from Hallmark Channel's longest running, most-watched primetime series to date, "When Calls the Heart," currently entering its sixth season on the network. The announcement was made today as part of Crown Media Family Networks' bi-annual Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour.

"'When Calls the Heart' has developed a passionate community of loyal viewers and we wanted to serve their increased appetite by developing a spin-off series that we know will evolve into another beloved classic," said Michelle Vicary, Executive Vice President, Programming and Network Publicity, Crown Media Family Networks. "'When Hope Calls' is a seamless fit to debut on our streaming service, Hallmark Movies Now, and speaks to our dedication to our loyal fans."

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I subscribe to Hallmark Movies Now, so this is relevant to me.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique I think they've done this before, meaning delay the start of 'regular' programming into January... I guess they figure they paid to produce all those Christmas movies and so they want to run them in the ground get their money's worth out of them a little longer....

I guess I'll be glad when they resume normal programming, but truth be told, that can get stale pretty quickly too... It seems like they show the same handful of Golden Girls episodes in a pretty rapid rotation... Only a few other of their primetime efforts I watch sporadically, though I do sometimes DVR the Lucy rerums in the early AM...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Maybe so @stevieb; however since they start before Halloween and also mess us utilize most of my BD month with CIJ you would think that by Jan 2nd we could bid adieu to Christmas.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~