Honored Contributor

2019 Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News

HALLMARK CHANNEL'S WINTERFEST MOVIES 2019!

(5 All New Original Movies with a Snowy Wintery Cozy Feel!) ❄

Hallmark Press Release:

IF IT’S SATURDAY, IT’S HALLMARK!
HALLMARK CHANNEL KICKS OFF 2019 with “WINTERFEST” FEATURING FIVE NEW WINTER-THEMED
MOVIE PREMIEREs IN JANUARY

Hallmark Channel invites you to cuddle up this winter as the network celebrates the New Year with “Winterfest,” featuring 5 all-new original movies premiering every Saturday night in January. The highly-anticipated annual programming event, Winterfest, gifts viewers with movies that embrace the season with new heartfelt original content every Saturday night because “If It’s Saturday, It’s Hallmark!”

The event kicks-off with “Winter Castle” (Saturday, January 5, 8 p.m. ET/PT), followed by “One Winter Proposal” (Saturday, January 12, 8 p.m. ET/PT), “A Winter Princess” (Friday, January 18, 8 p.m. ET/PT), “Winter Love Story” (Saturday, January 19, 8 p.m. ET/PT) and “Snowcoming” (Saturday, January 26, 8 p.m. ET/PT).

‘WINTER CASTLE’
A Hallmark Channel Original Movie World Premiere
Saturday, January 5 (8 p.m. ET/PT)
Starring: Emilie Ullerup, Kevin McGarry

Jenny (Ullerup) is thrilled when her sister decides to get married at an ice hotel! Her sister is just as excited to set Jenny up with the best man, Craig (McGarry), until they are introduced to Craig’s date, the fur laden Lana. Jenny and Craig are constantly thrown together and can’t ignore their obvious connection as they try everything from ice sculpting to dog sledding and snow tubing. With the wedding just a day away, the frigid Lana returns to California. Jenny assumes she has lost the man of her dreams but maybe she doesn’t know the whole story?

‘ONE WINTER PROPOSAL’
Saturday, January 12 (8p.m. ET/PT)

Starring: Taylor Cole, Jack Turner, Rukiya Bernard, Dewshane Williams

Celebrating her novel and his new company, Cara and Ben return to the resort where they fell in love. Playing matchmaker, they ask Megan along. She met Ben’s friend Sean there, and unbeknownst to her Sean’s now the resort’s doctor. While Megan goes to the infirmary Ben starts a fire, but asks Cara for a lighter in his pocket, where she finds a jewelry receipt! Actually, Ben has two proposals in mind, one for a potential investor, and another for Cara. But after reading the new ending to Cara’s novel, Ben is worried. The lead characters once in love are now splitting up!

‘A WINTER PRINCESS’
Friday, January 18 (8 p.m. ET/PT)
Starring: Natalie Hall, Chris McNally

When Carly plans Snowden Peak’s Snow Ball with Jesse, their attraction is undeniable. But when Carly’s twin, Prince Gustav, arrives her royal identity is nearly exposed. As Jesse and Carly decide to hold the ball at Summit Lodge, they make the gala a fundraiser to turn the resort into a year-round destination. But without a celebrity draw, investors aren’t interested, and Snowden Peak is put up for sale. Too bad no one knows any royalty who could entice affluent socialites to the gala, which could raise enough money to make Snowden Peak a four-season resort for royalty and commoners alike.

‘WINTER LOVE STORY’

A Hallmark Channel World Premiere

Saturday, January 19 (8 p.m. ET/PT)

Starring: Jen Lilley, Kevin McGarry, and Mary-Margaret Humes

When first-time author Cassie Winslett is paired with successful author Elliot Somersby on a road trip to promote their books, she learns to believe in herself and her talent. She also finds truth in the old adage “you can’t judge a book by its cover” as she finds herself falling for the guy she thought to be pompous and full of himself when they first met.

‘SNOWCOMING’
A Hallmark Channel World Premiere
Saturday, January 26 (8 p.m. ET/PT)

Starring: Trevor Donovan, Lindy Booth, Joe Theismann, Ed Marinaro

Samantha, once jilted by her high school sweetheart Jake during Snowcoming, returns home to honor her football coach father, who’s retiring, and runs into Jake, now a famous quarterback. Although it’s awkward, their obvious chemistry is still there. Later, after seeing the library needs updating, Samantha asks Jake to use his celebrity as a draw for a “Tailgate at the Library” fundraiser. At the successful event, a nosy reporter probes Samantha about Jake’s future in football, and lets it slip that Jake is leaving town. Stunned, Samantha wonders if Jake will allow his career to fumble their romance once again.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries News

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the information @VaBelle35. I do enjoy Hallmark, and this January appears to have some things I would like. I will mark it down to ensure I don't forget to watch/record each Saturday (and one Friday!). Heart

Honored Contributor

I was surprised they announced it this early.  I guess it's only 3 weeks away.

I suspect they may have done it to deflect from postponing the Candance Cameron Bure special last night.

No word on what that was about.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks, @VaBelle35. I'm a Hallmark fan, too, and it will fill the void when all the Christmas movies are done for the season. BTW, did they say when the Candace Cameron Bure special will air? When I saw they weren't showing it, I changed the channel.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  I just skimmed so am I missing something?  Is there anything about the H. Movies and Mysteries channel, per your thread title?  I don't watch the Hallmark channel much but do watch HMM so I'm wondering.....?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Not yet.

If you followed the 2018 thread that I started, you'll see that it covers all the Hallmark channels over the course of the year.

I just started the 2019 thread tonight since we have the first information for 2019.

When they have the Television Critics Association event in mid-January, we will get a flood of news for all the channels.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Thanks, @VaBelle35. I'm a Hallmark fan, too, and it will fill the void when all the Christmas movies are done for the season. BTW, did they say when the Candace Cameron Bure special will air? When I saw they weren't showing it, I changed the channel.

Not a peep yet.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Pearlee  Not yet.

If you followed the 2018 thread that I started, you'll see that it covers all the Hallmark channels over the course of the year.

I just started the 2019 thread tonight since we have the first information for 2019.

When they have the Television Critics Association event in mid-January, we will get a flood of news for all the channels.

Ok.  I kinda wish they were separate since I'm a lot more interested in HMM than just H. That way I wouldn't have to sift through the Hallmark stuff.  But, oh well.

Honored Contributor

The last two will be the ones I just watch, simply because of the actors. Jen Lilley played a character on Days Of Our Lives and was one of my favorites. I like the male lead in the last movie.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Pearlee  Not yet.

Ok.  I kinda wish they were separate since I'm a lot more interested in HMM than just H. That way I wouldn't have to sift through the Hallmark stuff.  But, oh well.

I have COX cable in Arizona and they are two separate channels. There is the regular Hallmark channel, mostly romantic comedies and the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries with the Garage Sale Mysteries, the Bakery Mysteries, The gourmet Mysteries, etc.

Of course for two months this time of year it is all Christmas Romance (Girls gets big promotion at work, goes home for Christmas,falls back in love with old boyfirend, buys small business in her hometown after saving the town from bankruptcy and helping the townspeople rediscover Christmas. It is the same movie over and over. I will be so glad when things get back to normal.