Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Dancing With the Stars

Tinkrbl44,

I always admired that Christie Brinkley kept her original face (maybe a tiny tuck here and there, but unnoticeable).  To me, she honored that she was born with very good genes.  I saw her photographed with her mother, who has held up well.

Christie's facelift has "lessened" her beauty, I regret to say.  Yes, all this is superficial drivel, but she obviously is striving to look younger and remain stunningly pretty.  It did not take.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if there is any change in the way votes are cast or counted now?

Trusted Contributor

Someone here asked why they had 2 extra pro dancers.  nless I missed it there was no response to that question.

I believe they are on hand in case any injuries occur and pro has to drop put for good or temporarily,

I am looking forward to the show,  Never miss it.  There will always be controversy connected to the stars; part of the show I guess.

Just a night or 2 ago, there was a mention on Entertainment Tonight show that Hannah the recent bachelorette was in trouble with multiple foot issues after only 1-2 days of practice.  Personally, not a fan of Bachelor or Bachelorette shows.  Not looking forward to Hannah's drama at all; but still would not deter me from one of my favorite shows.

Sure there will be lots of forums/posts throught the season.  Enjoy everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

They always have (for want of a better word) "sacrificial lambs".  Sorry, that's the only way I can think of when describing people who other's dislike or just have no rhythm.

I used to love to dance (still do, but don't do it much 'bad back').  My late husband and I used to win dance contests way back in the 60's and early 70's so I watch all dance shows.

I think of this more as a popularity contest (hey!  Look at who's won lately).  But anything the public gets to vote on is a popularity contest.

That's why they have some people who you know don't have a chance in @#$ of winning (be honest, you're basing it more on likes/dislikes, not that much on how well they can dance.

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Kyle Massey & Lacey Swhwimmer's Tootsie Roll freestyle is one of my favorite dances. Ever! 

@Dusty1. Yes! Kyle and Lacey. I do remember the dance. I so wanted them to win.

Yes! I remember how good they were! I wonder why Lacey hasn't been back on? I also wonder what ever happened with Chelsea Hightower, another pro who hasn't been back in years........

And Sharna wasn’t asked back for this year. The interview implied she was surprised, but seemed like she was more hurt than surprised to me. I hope she shows up again in the future.

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

Lamar Odom?   They sure are scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one.   I guess it's fine to be a sleaze and then come on DWTS and make money.   

This show has gone so far off from what it was in the beginning.    Remember when you could actually admire the stars who came on the show?   

--------------

Remember when you used to know all the dancers in the group?? 

The last couple of years, I barely recognized or knew anything about any of them.....

@corita 

I guess we'll be seeing what's left of Lamar Odom!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to see, as was mentioned above, that my favorite female pro, Sharna, was let go this season. She was so good working with any celeb she was hooked up with. 

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Sorry to see, as was mentioned above, that my favorite female pro, Sharna, was let go this season. She was so good working with any celeb she was hooked up with. 

---

Isn't Sharna the pro who won with Bobby Bones?

Maybe they are attempting to erase the memory of that season.

Woman LOL