Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships

@VaBelle35, arrrrrrrggggggggggh!!   I wish I knew it was on.  I checked the Olympics channel and they're repeating the women's, men's, pairs and ice dancing but it doesn't show the exhibition.  :frowning:

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@LoriLori

They are doing well. Both have solid educations and careers. One of the girls married last year.

@lulu1, that's good to hear, even moreso after reading the article I posted upthread.  So much of it (but not all of course) is the parents.  I'm glad your friends did such a great job with them.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori-

I don't know if you can see what you missed but I just watched Nathan Chen on Youtube and also Kaitlyn Osmond and Gabrielle.

Nathan Chen-now there's a champion! Wonderful to see. I don't think I've seen someone like that in a long time.

And I love how Kaitlyn skates!She is a beautiful skater. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay, thank you!  I'll find them somehow later on when I'm not multi-tasking.  Would hate to miss that!!!

Honored Contributor

Don't know if I should start a new thread for this -- someone else, if you think yes, feel free:

Beginning Wednesday morning at 7 the Olympic Channel will be covering the European Figure Skating Championships which are, ironically, in Moscow.  All of it, and with repeats.

We still don't know if Russia is sending any figure skaters to Olympics.  I wonder.  I never blame the athletes (except the ones who cheated, and even then did the country strong-arm them?  we'll never know) --

-- I'm looking forward eagerly to seeing the Russian skaters as well as all the Europeans.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@VaBelle35, arrrrrrrggggggggggh!!   I wish I knew it was on.  I checked the Olympics channel and they're repeating the women's, men's, pairs and ice dancing but it doesn't show the exhibition.  :frowning:

@LoriLori  It was on NBCSN.  They may show it again.  They basically repeated their final number and then showed the exhibition skate.

They may show it again as we get closer to the Olympics.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35, thanks!  I hope so!  Meanwhile I'm loving the Europeans.  So much  more vitality than the U.S. Championships, in the music and the costumes and in many cases the choreography.  And some breathtaking skating -- but also lots of falls.  The future of skating is here and it will feature fall after fall after fall.

Honored Contributor

The music is interesting.

I had it on and I was in another room and I said to myself, "that sounds like Paul Anka."  So I rolled it back and it was indeed Paul Anka.  

It wasn't even a Canadian skater!  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I like that some skaters are choosing contemporary music and creative costuming.  The catsuits are stunning and look good on the ice.

Respected Contributor

Other than the 3 Russian ladies and Carolina Kostner, the European ladies are not as good as the Japanese, Canadian and US  ladies.

Icenetwork breaks down all the scores and what a drop-off after the top 4.