Honored Contributor

Re: 20/20 on ABC Friday - SW Airline Pilots Who Landed Plane

Glad you enjoyed it @Pearlee.  And more importantly thought it was in good taste.  Always good to hear.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

One of the main reasons I refuse to fly the discounters - lax maintenance. Ive heard horror stories about Allegiant Airlines and broken parts. Southwests cattle call procedure of boarding is worse than a Greyhound Bus. Ive never understood how people could sacrifice safety for saving a few bucks. I'm a loyal DELTA customer and have flown them for years. Always get quality professional service and have no fears when flying. They assign a ticket and a SEAT. I see those hoards lined up in the airport like cattle at other gates. NOT ME. Who wants to have to worry about seat assignements ? Delta is the best ranked airlines in the US.

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the show.Glad to know if something happens someone with training and determination can save lifes.When a Delta plane had smoke a few days ago a passenger who is a firefighter told everybody to close the air vents.

Honored Contributor

Pipin's post just reminded me of something I'd meant to include in my post about the show.  I was very surprised that the nurse said she jumped up to volunteer about Riorden getting sucked out when a flight attendant started screaming: "Does anyone know CPR?"  and the nurse immediately volunteered.  That surprised me because I thought all flight attendants were trained to give CPR.  Aren't they?

One of the other things I learned from the show is that those giving CPR to Riorden kept doing so even as the plane landed.  That is, they didn't go back to their seats and put on their seat belts (nor I assume their oxygen masks).

Respected Contributor

My cousin also said Southwest Airlines nickels and dimes. Buyer beware!
Honored Contributor

@Reever.  Southwest is not a discounted, cheap airline that cheats on maintenance.  They have an excellent safety record.  It's my favorite airline.  I always use wheelchair service and they treat me like a queen.  On a trip to Denver, they were short of wheelchair pushers so the co-pilot pushed me up the jetway into the terminal.  I've frequently had the pilot or co-pilot help me with my carry-on.  Everytime I fly another airline, I'm sorry.

I've been flying Southwest since they were Trans-Texas Airline.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PearleeThanks for posting about this show. I didn't even know it was on. I thought it was well done and very moving. Also wanted to say that I've flown SW many times and never had a problem.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Reever.  Southwest is not a discounted, cheap airline that cheats on maintenance.  They have an excellent safety record.  It's my favorite airline.  I always use wheelchair service and they treat me like a queen.  On a trip to Denver, they were short of wheelchair pushers so the co-pilot pushed me up the jetway into the terminal.  I've frequently had the pilot or co-pilot help me with my carry-on.  Everytime I fly another airline, I'm sorry.

I've been flying Southwest since they were Trans-Texas Airline.

@Kachina624 I agree.  I travel a lot for work and play, and I always take Southwest if it’s available.