Valued Contributor

20/20 tonight at 9pm focuses on Elizabeth Holmes, founder of Theranos, the supposed miracle blood test, which turned out to be a massive fraud. She is currently under indictment. Her story sounds interesting and very appropos of the times in light of the “miracle” cures and medications being touted as a cure for corona virus.

Frequent Contributor

very interesting story, found her very creepy. 

Honored Contributor

I think Elizabeth Holmes is one of the most interesting characters if our times.  I'm surprised there's no movie about her.  What a waste of talent.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think Elizabeth Holmes is one of the most interesting characters if our times.  I'm surprised there's no movie about her.  What a waste of talent.

Once her trial is over I bet there will be a movie or TV movie.  I hope the trial is on CourtTV.  Nicole Kidman would be excellent playing Elizabeth.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

I'm guessing this is a rerun. I watched something about her some time ago. It was quite lengthy.

Honored Contributor

I think it was a rerun as I saw it a while ago also.  All the billions that were lost is terrible.  She has no remorse for what she did.  What a waste of talent and intellect.

Contributor

Re: 20/20 Tonight

[ Edited ]

If this is a rerun, I had watched the show months ago.  During the interviews, a writer, John Carreyou was featured.  He wrote a book about her and the company.  The book is titled "Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup".  

It was very good and interesting book, giving a lot of background.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this awhile ago too. She was  the perfect example of 'fake it until you make it'-  all those lives disrupted for the sake of her ego! I'm sure there'll be a film once there's a resolution to her indictment. 

Honored Contributor

It's amazing to me that this pretty, young blonde was able to charm all those crusty old warriors into investing millions of dollars until her estimated worth was 9 billion.  Then they served on her board and vouched for her.  Not a single woman there...wonder why?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I watched it this morning. I have 20/20 set up to only record First Run. So maybe they added something to make it not a rerun.

I found it very interesting. Compared her to Bernie Madoff in personality.

I hope she gets jail time