Honored Contributor

Re: 20/20 Special 3/1/19 on Sara Stern Case

I watched most of this and it'd one of the saddest stories I've heard in a long time. It's really difficult to listen to something like this and believe people can be so evil.

Respected Contributor

Very disturbing case,and the mother’s behavior was strange.

Esteemed Contributor

The teen master criminal has no soul, the roommate probably wouldn’t do this on his own but was so weak he went along with it. The mom is the hard to figure out one. Confronted with all the evidence is still in denial. Better just to love him unconditionally but support law enforcement and the courts.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess in this case her love completely erases the REALITY of what he did proven in a court of law.  I feel her excuses were  a slap in the face to Sarah & her father.  I wonder if growing up she always turned a blind eye to his transgressions.  I was angry & sickened by her trying to make him a "victim" too by saying he was only "acting" in that video confession.  

And was Sarah's stolen money hidden in his house  & then buried in the safe by him also part of his act too? She seriously needs to take her head out of the sand.

Honored Contributor

Just started it "on demand". Friend says her dad is crazy and she wanted to go to Canada to get away from him. As they went to commercial, there may be photographic evidence of what happened. Have a lot to watch yet.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG He's NO FRIEND!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@nova  For some reason, I had never heard of the case and my heart goes out to her father.  Liam was someone who was trusted by this family, and his mother must know in her heart that he did this.   I wonder what goes through her mind as she thinks about what when wrong with her son.  Liam's roommate was no better.  

One thing that concerned me is that the young man who came forward had been told and gave it no thought.  I know that I would have said something to someone if I knew anyone who told me that they were going to kill someone.  He did not make it seem that this was a joke, but he did not take it seriously.   To me, something was just off.  Maybe he was protecting Liam, but I did not get the feeling that they were good friends.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!