Honored Contributor

Did you watch? That child was railroaded. What a travesty of justice.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Did you watch? That child was railroaded. What a travesty of justice.

I have not seen the 20\20 show , but read up on it all.  Did they ever convict anyone of the murders? That was the only thing unclear to me. 

Super Contributor

Yes, I did watch. They did not find or convict anyone else. Crazy story for sure, my heart broke for the dad.  The state troopers were sure convinced he was the one .  

Trusted Contributor

I agree. This young man lost his childhood. All the police kept bringing up was 

gun powder residue. 

That was their test for everyone they interviewed. The father had none on him, 

the ex boyfriend had none. Yet the story for arresting Jordan at 3:30 AM was 

so that he would not wash his clothes which may have residue. 

There is no mention of a forensic team being brought in after they discovered Kenzie 

was shot.  

The cop in the middle was very angry. 

It just made no sense. It was sad to watch. 

Honored Contributor
Hitler would have loved the trooper. What a jerk he was. Show some compassion just a modicum of it. No matter what he was 9.

Anyone catch the reporter when she said they were seasoned investigators but with very little experience in homicide? She needed to say it aloud and remind them to their face but I guess that's an arrestable offense too with her life gone for 10 years.

Big huge kudos to the dad. That kid is as okay as he is thanks to him. I'm not sure how he's not punching out the entire police department.
Respected Contributor

Re: 20/20 Jordan Brown

[ Edited ]

I have followed this from the get-go being from the Pittsburgh area.  Such a sad story for all involved.  Glad he was exonerated.  The only thing that bugs me is I remember when it first happened reading that Jordan got on his school bus and told kids on the bus what happened/what he did.

I wonder why they chose a bench trial?  That judge seemed very nasty too.  Jury trial would have been better.

I think he actually may be guilty but they certainly didn't have the evidence.  And he was a child - he spent enough time incarcerated.  

Valued Contributor

@FranandZoe  I'm also from the Pittsburgh area and know several people involved in this case.  Much information was left out of this report, including Jordan's boasting about it.  I've spoken to Kenzie's mom several times.  Jordan and his father have been portrayed as innocents, which couldn't be further from the truth.  Jordan and his father spent a great deal of time hunting and both had knowledge of guns.  The house was a mini arsenal and the fact that there was other young kids in that house with unlocked guns was glossed over.  Kenzie's family has been devastated by this murder and they remain, as many who are familiar with this case,  convinced that Jordan did this solely by himself, but that the father was also involved somehow.  There is no evidence pointing to anybody else.  I also know one of his lawyers very well and he has numerous issues of his own which I will not get into..  

Honored Contributor

He could not have done it, shot her with a shotgun at close range, and got no blood or tissue on his clothing or anywhere on his body/hair. He did not confess so I find it unlikely he boasted to anyone. Sounds like those claiming he did are the boasters. Her family seemed uneducated and hateful.

Respected Contributor

the gun was fired through a blanket.  was that mentioned in the program?  it was late last nite and i remember them showing the arsenal of weapons.

there was one bullet hole foind in the blanket.  the thought was that the boy came downstairs with the gun wrapped in the blanket.

i don't believe the kid did it - the ex BF seemed off the rails they should have looked harder at him. gloves could have been worn to fire the weapon. likely the ex had already been to the home ..evn w OOP ..he was angry one of the girls wasn't his child.

Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain  Wow...their pregnant sleeping daughter was murdered and her parents come off as uneducated and hateful.  As far as the black truck, this is one of the first times this has ever been brought up.  Strange that the tree-trimmers never mentioned it.  Kenzie's parents, Debbie and Jack, have been devastated by this murder.  Too bad in the interview they didn't come off as Rhodes' scholars.