Honored Contributor

Re: 20/20 Debbie and Carrie Heartbreak in Hollywood Program

I really loved the interviews with Todd, who told exactly what happened with Carrie and seeing Debbie actually pass away and how that happened.  Very informative and gosh he looks like Eddie Fisher (whom I remember quite well, as I remember the Liz Taylor scandal with him). 

As I had suspected, Carrie probably died on the plane.  Todd said that the doctors told them at the hospital that things could possibly work but there was slim chance for Carrie.   He also said that, although she had hope, Debbie thought that by the time she got to the hospital, Carrie had "already left the building" as he put it.  She really was DOA yet the family had hope despite the long odds, and had been told there was not a good chance of revival.   

I loved how OK he was with Debbie's passing, because sad as it was, he witnessed for himself that it was really what she wanted to do - to be with Carrie.   He said that's how he's thinking of it - that Debbie left to be with Carrie.   I think that provides him with great comfort.  I really was glad I saw the segments with him and the rest of the show was really good also.

Respected Contributor

I watched and am glad I did.  It was great to hear Todd's perspective on things considering it's only been a few days since he lost his sister and mother.  May Carrie and Debbie rest in peace.  Sending love to Todd and his family.   Heart

Honored Contributor

It was very nice to hear from Todd, may Carrie and Debbie rest in peace,

Image result for rest in peace images

Respected Contributor

@croemer -I just read Todd picked their final resting place after hummingbirds appeared at a spot he was being shown.  He said his mother had hummingbirds all over her back yard.  When my sister died, I saw a dragonfly on a walk after hearing she died.  We lived on a lake as children and my sister and I used to watch the dragonflies.  Soon the whole family saw dragonflies around them.  I still see them on her birthday each year. 

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh when he said he wouldn't have been surprised if, after a day of Carrie in heaven (he said his sister could definitely have her moments), God went to his mom and said,"Um, Debbie, you need to help us up here with this one."  

Fantastic way to look at it.  My heart goes out to him and the rest of the family.  Heart 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I really loved the interviews with Todd, who told exactly what happened with Carrie and seeing Debbie actually pass away and how that happened.  Very informative and gosh he looks like Eddie Fisher (whom I remember quite well, as I remember the Liz Taylor scandal with him). 

As I had suspected, Carrie probably died on the plane.  Todd said that the doctors told them at the hospital that things could possibly work but there was slim chance for Carrie.   He also said that, although she had hope, Debbie thought that by the time she got to the hospital, Carrie had "already left the building" as he put it.  She really was DOA yet the family had hope despite the long odds, and had been told there was not a good chance of revival.   

I loved how OK he was with Debbie's passing, because sad as it was, he witnessed for himself that it was really what she wanted to do - to be with Carrie.   He said that's how he's thinking of it - that Debbie left to be with Carrie.   I think that provides him with great comfort.  I really was glad I saw the segments with him and the rest of the show was really good also.

I thought he was so unselfish, some children would be jealous...or think the parent loved one child over the other. He is very asute and unselfish that he fully understood Carrie and Debbie's bond. Kudo's to Todd. BTW: I loved his little drawing of Carrie and Debbie...so simple yet so loving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@croemer -I just read Todd picked their final resting place after hummingbirds appeared at a spot he was being shown.  He said his mother had hummingbirds all over her back yard.  When my sister died, I saw a dragonfly on a walk after hearing she died.  We lived on a lake as children and my sister and I used to watch the dragonflies.  Soon the whole family saw dragonflies around them.  I still see them on her birthday each year. 

Aww...how wonderful, I can relate...when my father passed away doves followed us from his hospice to the funeral home and back to his apt. It was comforting.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I had to laugh when he said he wouldn't have been surprised if, after a day of Carrie in heaven (he said his sister could definitely have her moments), God went to his mom and said,"Um, Debbie, you need to help us up here with this one."  

Fantastic way to look at it.  My heart goes out to him and the rest of the family.  Heart 

I too got a chuckle out of that...said after he said his sister was a handful. lol

Respected Contributor

@croemer - just today watched the special on Carrie and Debbie - I feel so much better about their deaths - as Todd put it - it's really magical - it is what it is - it was meant to be that they are together.  So glad they interviewed Todd - he seems okay with their passing - so glad he understood what was going on and not mad at his mother for leaving him to be with Carrie.  It was simply a love story. 

Honored Contributor

I watched the show, I don't know how Todd was able to get through the interview. It's sad but sweet in a way that they won't have to be without each other. It's always hard for the people that are left behind, I feel bad for Carrie's daughter Billie and Todd. I can just imagine Carrie saying to her mom Debbie "sure you couldn't let me have the spotlight could you"!