Valued Contributor

2 disc DVD Film Noir Collection @oznell

Hi oznell - sometimes I get emails from TCM advertising sales on their DVD's. I received one today and one of the sale DVD's was "Film Noir Collection" which has 10 films on 2 discs. I know you like film noir so I thought of you when I saw this offer.

The 10 movies are 1)"They Made Me a Criminal" (1939) with John Garfield 2)"Scarlett Street" (1945) with Edward G. Robinson and Joan Bennett 3)"Shock" (1946) with Vincent Price 4)"The Stranger" (1946) with Orson Wells and Loretta Young 5)"Impact" (1949) with Brian Donlevy 6)"Port of New York" (1949) with Yul Brenner 7)"Whirlpool" (1949) with Gene Tierney, Richard Conte 8)"DOA" (1950) with Edmund O"Brien 9)"Quicksand" (1950) with Mickey Rooney 10)"Beat the Devil" (1953) with Humphrey Bogart, Gina Lollobrigida, Jennier Jones, Robert Morley, Peter Lorre.

The only film I've seen from this collection is "The Stranger" (I've never caught the beginning of the film though). Just thought I'd share that TCM is having some sales on their movies including this Film Noir Collection.

Valued Contributor

Re: 2 disc DVD Film Noir Collection @oznell

@Oznell, oops, I forgot to tell you the price is $8.95.

Honored Contributor

Wow, @cimeranrose, how thoughtful you are, thanks!  There are some really socko noirs in that collection, including "The Stranger",  "Scarlett Street", "Shock",  "Impact", "DOA" and "Whirlpool".  Coincidentally, I just put up a little review of "Whirlpool" here on the boards, I like it so much...

I'm curious about the Yul Brynner one-- if ever an actor were made for noir, he was... 

You are sweet to send out a sale alert!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info @cimeranrose  These DVDs sound amazing. 👍👍