Super Contributor

Re: 2 New Additions To Hated Commercials List

That’s Alex and Caleb asking for donations to Shriners Hospital for children whom they both have been helped over the years. Interesting to see how they both are growing up happily.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The huckster pillow guy....who has, in the background of his whiny poor-me ads, a picture of a regal lion ,and behind it is a silouhette of the whiny pillow guy with a CROWN OF THORNS on his head, as if he is in the same league as Jesus because Walmart and the TV channels won't sell his horrible cheaply made pillows any longer. ( Maybe it's the NON-quality of the pillows?????!!!)

Sheesh. It never ends.

And the LUME ads. The recent one with the doctor who created it is bad enough,but before that was the woman shrieking about her smelly "crevices" while doing explicit yoga poses as an example.

ANd the phoney country music soundy "Nothing is everythaanannnggg" for whatever drug they're hawking..something about rashes.....???

Ones I like? The little girl in the hosp. bed when that pretty dog comes in to see her....the one with John Denver singing "You fill up my Senses" with the nature scenes in it...the whale tail and the those cows for a minisecond on the hillside that looks like the Alps get me for some reason...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's another one to HATE to add to the list---

The Oscar Mayer hot dog commercial where the kid cooks the hot dog with her laser eyes...SO RIDICULOUS--their advertising has the mentality of a 10 yr old! 😫 (a long way from the cute tune and "my bologna has a first name....." and their advertising of the past) Sorry Oscar Mayer but when I purchased hot dogs I chose NATHAN's restaurant Jumbo hot dogs for the cook out on purpose!.....😝

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen Mr. Lindell has become a desperate caricature of himself.

I also like the dog food commercial where the beautiful collie visits the little girl in the hospital.  That dog truly is beautiful.  When I was in the hospital for knee replacement surgery, I was asked if I would like a visit from a therapy dog.  Of course I said yes and was able to cuddle with a well-trained golden retriever named "Sadie".  

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

The huckster pillow guy....who has, in the background of his whiny poor-me ads, a picture of a regal lion ,and behind it is a silouhette of the whiny pillow guy with a CROWN OF THORNS on his head, as if he is in the same league as Jesus because Walmart and the TV channels won't sell his horrible cheaply made pillows any longer. ( Maybe it's the NON-quality of the pillows?????!!!)

@Othereeeen  I can see why you are tired of Mike Lindell, but in all fairness, that picture has been around for a long time, and it isn't a picture of Mike Lindell. It's available for sale on many sites. It's a reference to the "Lion of Judah" (Christ). It's very familiar to many people. We had a similar depiction in the front of our church at Easter.

Respected Contributor

Look at pictures of PIllow Huckster in side profile and compare with that print...it LOOKS like Lindell..pointy flat end nose, weak lips and chin,poor me affect I'm so put upon.

I see the artist has other depictions of Jesus in her collection, and they too look too much like him to be a coincidence, but I suppose it could be just that.

It's interesting to note that the Pillow huckster is selling an autographed example of that picture for 100K. HE must think it looks like him too.

Whatever. I can't stand him, and if he chose that picture because the likeness to his side profile on coincidence I can get that. 

I am not religious and had to look up the meaning of the picture. I also compared that silouhette to side profiles of him and to ME, it looks just like him in profile.

That whole ad is full of symbolic nonsense placed for show. But I guess it's no different than most ads...after a buck with whatever sells.

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Othereeeen  I can see why you are tired of Mike Lindell, but in all fairness, that picture has been around for a long time, and it isn't a picture of Mike Lindell. It's available for sale on many sites. It's a reference to the "Lion of Judah" (Christ). It's very familiar to many people. We had a similar depiction in the front of our church at Easter.

I wonder how The Almighty feels about people who use him as a maketing tool.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The commercials that I dislike are the Chinet paper plate commercials.  People are shown being served food on paper plates and the plates collapse with all of the food falling on their laps.  I don't understand why people would serve a guest or two food in paper plates instead of regular dinnerware.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw a new one last evening which I believe is for Heinz Ketchup.  It shows this little girl sitting in a car eating a hamburger and just shoving it into her mouth.  Her face is covered in ketchup and mustard.  I just found it repulsive.  I'm not a fan of ketchup but if I did like it I wouldn't after watching that commercial.

Has the new marketing theme in television commercials been reduced to make them as disgusting as possible?  How I long for the days of Mr. Wippel, the Folger Lady and Florence Henderson hawking Crisco Oil.  Heck I'll even take "Mother please I'd Rather Do It Myself"  

Honored Contributor

Hey!  To my favorite people!  I'm only here for a nano-second.

This isn't time or place to (as the chubby guy on TV used to say, "You've got some splaying to do",  I have very little endurance.

I DVR every show so I can fast forward over the commercials.  But there are a few here and there I can't get to the fast forward quick enough.

My friend picked me up (Still can't drive) and took me to lunch and the topic in the car was hated commercials.

I know they're near and dear to the hearts of you guys!  NOT!  Ha!

They we're all the basic one's we all hate.  She asked ( me of all people) what that one with the guy sitting on the beach eating Twizlzlers candy is supposed to mean.  Ha!  She asked me!

My brain is so scrambled (2 very bad concussions) in 2 years) and a few before that.  My brain is kinda like a scrambled egg.

Phew!  You ladies can tell I'm still as long winded as ever.

I miss all of you.  Will just put here that @ECBG has helped keep me informed on what's going on here.