Trusted Contributor

I did just read a story at TVline sounding like there will not be a second season of 1883.  The creator is saying it was always intended as only one and done.  I think that makes more sense when there was almost no one left.  He is next focusing on 1932 for a pre-quel to "Yellow Stone."

Honored Contributor

It was intended to be a stand alone mini series.  

Respected Contributor

What a finale is all I can say Digilah Digifun GIF - Digilah Digifun Malaysia Largest Network GIFs

Respected Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I really enjoyed the series,  I wonder if it would have been different if they knew there would be a second season.   I think there were too many bad things happening,  they could have limited some of that,  I know they are trying to be realistic.  I only see an insteresting second season if they make the son older.  I thought Tim was good,  but I really liked the characters that are no longer there.  It will be interesting to see where season 2 will go. 

@TurnerGal  From what I have read the son will be older. Tim was very good, just wonder if he has acted before. I agree the people that are off the show are the ones i liked.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It was intended to be a stand alone mini series.  

@chrystaltree Interesting, I did not hear that. I did read it is the highest rated show on that network. I guess they had to give it a second season because of that. 

Honored Contributor

The sound that came out of this house when it was over, would have scared a bigfoot away.   It was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So good!  Now in the fall I'll have to see 1932.

All Taylor Sheridan things are great.  I'm not watching the "mayor" one though.  Not my thing.  Enjoy the others though.  I guess it's like the old show "Centennial" where you see generations.  Love those.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal   Did you see the ideas for the other new shows?  One is called Lioness with Zoe Saldana. Lioness is a little known program the CIA has to train woman. Once trained they go all over the world to carry out duties for the CIA. Another has Billy Bob Thornton working for an oil company as a crisis manager. This was written just for him. Sylvester Stallone is a mobster that just got out of prison for taking the fall for his boss. He gets sent to Kansas City, the name of the show, to reestablish his mafia family.  

Honored Contributor

"Any 1883 viewers who are eagerly awaiting another 10 episodes in the life of the post-Civil War-era Duttons will be waiting a long time, the series creator says in a new interview.

“I created this peek through time to show you this one specific journey,” Taylor Sheridan tells our sister site Deadline. “I’m not someone who likes to tie everything up in a bow and explain how everyone lived happily ever after, or didn’t.”

He adds: “On to the next peek through the window,” a reference to the Yellowstone franchise's recently announced 1932 prequel spinoff, which will move ahead several decades and follow the Dutton family during the Great Depression."

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

New show Taylor Sheridan is also creating is 

Yellowstone spinoff, 6666 (WORKING TITLE)...

When Jimmy left Yellowstone at the end of last season it's been said he's doing this show.  I love everything Taylor does as well.  He's incredibly well known for the string of horses he has and the competitions he dominates.  A true horseman and cowboy.

Respected Contributor

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow wrote:

When Jimmy left Yellowstone at the end of last season it's been said he's doing this show.  I love everything Taylor does as well.  He's incredibly well known for the string of horses he has and the competitions he dominates.  A true horseman and cowboy.

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow wrote:

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow He bought that ranch and I think they call it The Four Sixs. Another person will be joining Jimmy from Yellowstone. I can not think of his name but he writes music in real life and performs on the show.